Forum Feedback Service Level Agreement (SLA)

Problem with the website? Confused about something? Or maybe you just have something you'd like to suggest. This is the place to do it.

Service Level Agreement (SLA)

Postby ErikPost » September 17th, 2010, 9:26 am

Hello!

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section but I figured this was the best place to ask. :)

I have a question about the SLA (http://playerio.com/sla).
I would like to have some more information about it, less in the way of money ( it is very clear about that ) and more in the ways of the time and network guarantees.

Things like:
    How fast can you guarantee that the servers will be up again
    How fast will you respond to calamities.
    Latency
    Jitter
    Packet Loss

I hope you can give me a little more information about above mentioned topics.
And sorry if this can be found anywhere on the site, but I didn't find it.

Yours sincerely,
Erik Post
ErikPost

Re: Service Level Agreement (SLA)

Postby ErikPost » September 20th, 2010, 1:10 pm

Anything?
It seems to me that this is quite an important part of anything to do with hosting.
ErikPost

Postby Benjaminsen » September 21st, 2010, 8:09 am

Hey Erik

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, but I wanted to be sure that my answers, to your great question, where correct before posting them here.

In general we do everything in our power to ensure that the cluster is up and running, the latency is low and that jitter and package loss does not occur. In practice this means that almost never have any downtime as all our phones go off as soon as a single server node starts miss behaving.

As for guarantees, we do not guarantee anything, beyond whats in our existing SLA, for clients running on the shared production cluster. We do however have clients with more strict requirements and for those we offer to setup separate servers in the clients preferred hosting center.

This ensures that the Latency, Jitter and Packet Loss are minimal as the servers can be hosted close to the end users. As for guarantees on latency and response times for private servers, we negotiate such terms on a case by case basis with the client.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby ErikPost » September 21st, 2010, 8:40 am

Thanks for the great reply, it's very clear :)
And it's okay that you take time to get a good answer, but next time you might want to give a heads up that you are internally discussing it ;)
ErikPost

Return to Feedback