Forum Games Looking for some help developing a top down shooter

Discussion relating to game development with Flash

Looking for some help developing a top down shooter

Postby Neko » May 9th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Just like the title says i am looking to make an online top down shooter.. Before explaining any further i would like to say i am more of an artist than a programmer although i am looking to pick up the programming skills needed which is why i am making this post..

I am looking for someone that could help me make a flash game using this player.io package just as something to learn from and say use as a template to mess around with, i am thinking a free for all as the default for the game mode and possibly a few different weapons ranging from a pistol, shotgun, machine gun, submachine gun and one level but i would like to have a chat open for in game like you would in a lobby chat, im not sure how difficult this may be for a programmer but maybe there is a programmer out there who is looking for someone to help out with art.. well i would be happy to in exchange for a little help with coding.

The basic outline of what i am looking for is:
Someone who wouldn't mind helping me make a basic game with fully commented code for a top down shooter and would help me learn how to code a game using the player.io package in flash

Even if you have come accross some good tutorials other than the ones form the documentation i would be glad if you could point me towards them..

Thank You All For Reading :)
Neko

Re: Looking for some help developing a top down shooter

Postby sumitgood » May 18th, 2011, 5:58 pm

Hi Neko, I've just started with FLASH/AS3/P.IO this last few weeks on a top down shooter called www.EditArena.com which is at Alpha v0.10

I'd like to first start off by saying great idea, It's exactly what I'm working on, although the players will be able to edit their own maps for others to play (like EverybodyEdits).

I'm actually looking for an artist to help me on the project.

If you need any help, my skype nick is SolidCore - Otherwise I hang in #flixel on freenode, as <sumitgood>
sumitgood
Paid Member

Return to Games