Forum Multiplayer PlayerInsight stats question

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

PlayerInsight stats question

Postby robscherer123 » September 28th, 2018, 7:56 pm

I am creating my new game and just clicked on the PlayerInsight tab for the heck of it. I noticed that for the past month, my "Active Users" is reading around 2,260, and "new users" is the same. This has me a little confused as the game is still in development and aside from me and maybe a couple others, there's only been a few people who even loaded the game.

How exactly are "active" or "new" users counted? Are they based on IP addresses, or based on the method/userID that they connected to the service through? I've been using the development server, perhaps it's messing these values up? I'm just curious, as I've always referred to these values for my other game that's been live for years, but perhaps they are way more overinflated than I thought? Or maybe I'm just not understanding them correctly. I referred to the PlayerInsight documentation, but still not sure why this is.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Re: PlayerInsight stats question

Postby Henrik » September 28th, 2018, 10:09 pm

No, unique users are based on ConnectUserId, so if you check your Daily New Users, you can see that there are days with 0 new users, and days with 80-150 new users.

Are you using some sort of random userid for guest users when testing and developing your game? Because each unique userid would count as a new user.
Henrik
.IO

Postby robscherer123 » October 1st, 2018, 2:40 pm

Aaah, great that makes sense. I do use a randomly generated ID for initially loading stats from the database. I'll have to change that, I didn't even think about that. Thanks for the help!
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby Tempest » October 4th, 2021, 1:13 am

I hope also you updated your helmet heroes game im one of your player and i love it even im just a normal player i played your game since 2014 is that nice for you to update it i hope so.
Tempest

Return to Multiplayer