Forum PayVault A way UseBuyInfo from GooglePlay with different product id

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

A way UseBuyInfo from GooglePlay with different product id

Postby brunogasppar » July 14th, 2017, 2:48 pm

Hi,

I am trying to migrate some parts of my game to use Pay Vault, specially to validate the purchases made in Google Play and Apple Store.
My problem is that our game already has IAP registered in those stores with the format "com.mycompany.myitem" and the documentation says that we need to register the IAP with the format "coins+amount" or "items+itemkey" in the Google Play Developer console.

So, my question is: Is there a way to not use this format and use my specific product ids?

Notes: I already tried to validate some purchases and it gives me as a unknown item and success:false response.
I am using the same id for other platforms (ps4, xbox, amazon, facebook...), so changing the ids wold be very bad.
I am using Unity c# API with latest version

I appreciate any help.
brunogasppar

Re: A way UseBuyInfo from GooglePlay with different product

Postby Henrik » July 17th, 2017, 3:56 pm

I am pretty sure this should work with Apple-style IAP items, so 'com.example.game.coins500' or 'com.example.game.itemjetpack' should work both in iOS and Google Play as an item that awards 500 Coins and a 'jetpack', respectively.

Do you get any errors in the Errorlog in the Control Panel, that's usually where we write more info if the entire error isn't returned by the API call?
Henrik
.IO

Re: A way UseBuyInfo from GooglePlay with different product

Postby brunogasppar » July 17th, 2017, 6:22 pm

Hi Henrik.

The problem is that I want to use different format, like this 'com.mycompany.powerup' to avoid recreating my system and ids with player.io format.

I am receiving success:false because of the format of my products.
brunogasppar

Return to PayVault