Forum The Lounge Player.io's Stance on Copyrighted Content

Talk about unrelated topics here.

Player.io's Stance on Copyrighted Content

Postby AK712 » September 6th, 2016, 9:36 pm

There was once a desktop game called Super Mario War, developed somewhere around 2005. The game went on until about 2010, when development stopped. Recently, however, a of people (myself included) have been trying to work on a multiplayer online version. I decided to try it with Player.io. 100% of Super Mario War's graphics, music, and sounds are from the Mario games. So this brings up some questions:

1) Are games with copyrighted content allowed to be made with Player.io?
2) Even if they are allowed, what are Player.io's reactions to these games? (don't like, try to stay away from, etc.)
3) Would games like this be allowed to use PayVault and other services? (I definitely don't plan to, but for other people with similar ideas)
4) Without PayVault and other income-generating services, would there still be copyright issues that would arise, and would they hurt Player.io?
AK712

Re: Player.io's Stance on Copyrighted Content

Postby ChristianD » September 7th, 2016, 9:07 am

It's all in the Terms of Service: https://playerio.com/termsofservice

3.3 You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consent, and/or permission to use and authorize Player.IO to use any and all Developer Content in the manner contemplated by the Services and this TOS.

No, you are not allowed to make games on PlayerIO that use content that you do not own, or do not have a license to use.
Christian
ChristianD
.IO

Re: Player.io's Stance on Copyrighted Content

Postby AK712 » September 7th, 2016, 3:01 pm

That makes sense. Thanks for clearing things up.
AK712

Return to The Lounge