Forum PayVault PlayerInsight - How to manage test purchases ?

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

PlayerInsight - How to manage test purchases ?

Postby Guillaume » November 5th, 2015, 8:14 pm

Hi Henrik,

Our game is about to be released on the platforms that we were wanting to publish, actually Google Play, Amazon AppStore and Apple AppStore.

As far as i know, and reading the Yahoo TOS, Revenues must be reported according to the PlayerInsight statistics, in order to Yahoo to track what is their Net revenues and our Share.

I know that i will have to use "TrackExternalPayment", in order to manage Amazon AppStore purchases, and its okay. Google Play and iOS purchases are already managed by your system.

However there are 2 drawbacks where i need some explanation and helps from your side:

- We actually done a lot of test on our PlayerIO app, so by the time, revenues that are shown are totally fake, as it was only test purchases. Is there any way to remove or reset our PlayerInsight dashboard ?

- How can we manage test purchases ? I mean, purchases made from Google Play and Apple AppStore (and it may occur for Amazon too) may be test purchases when we are testing some billing development things or just to test the behaviors of our game. But its not real currency, only test purchases. We don't want in the future, to be billed by Yahoo for revenues that never existed. Have you ever done something to manage this scenario ?

- Is it possible, instead, to provide to Yahoo team the revenues reported by Google Play, Apple AppStore, Amazon AppStore, or eventually some readonly financial accounts for revenues tracking ?

I will try to send a mail to Yahoo too with this thread content.
Thanks in advance!
Guillaume

Re: PlayerInsight - How to manage test purchases ?

Postby Henrik » November 11th, 2015, 6:24 pm

Don't worry, test purchases won't count towards the total revenue.
Henrik
.IO

Re: PlayerInsight - How to manage test purchases ?

Postby Guillaume » November 11th, 2015, 6:33 pm

Thanks for the tips Henrik!
Guillaume

Return to PayVault