Forum PayVault PayVault error from SuperRewards [Resolved]

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

PayVault error from SuperRewards [Resolved]

Postby lutc » June 16th, 2015, 3:01 pm

Since yesterday, I have been receiving the PayVault state: Error "Received total is less than recorded total for user: xxxxxx"

SuperRewards has a new option "Enable Alphanumeric User ID's" which I enabled (but cannot be disabled. It is automatically enabled for new SuperRewards accounts too).

SuperRewards website also mentioned that there was a change in their postback format.

Could that be what is causing the issue and how can it be fixed? Thanks.
Last edited by lutc on July 10th, 2015, 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
lutc

Re: PayVault error from SuperRewards

Postby lutc » June 23rd, 2015, 5:42 pm

This issue has been happening quite a bit. (It doesn't happen to all SuperRewards transactions though, only some.)

What does the error message "Received total is less than recorded total for user: xxxxxx" mean? Is this error message from SuperRewards or Payvault? Is there something I should feedback to SuperRewards to get this fixed? Thanks.
lutc

Postby lutc » June 25th, 2015, 9:11 pm

After talking with SuperRewards, here is my hypothesis based on the information that is available to me.

This is the postback from SuperRewards:
Code: Select all
postback_url = http://api.playerio.com/payvault/superrewards/postback?id=214568567&total=130&new=65&oid=5549&sig=a5ad92d3abvbfbc2a08e7f4cdcc52009&custom_pvgamedb=195557&uid=589066446 

It contains total=130 and new=65 where
65 is the currency credited to the user by this transaction
and
130 is the total lifetime currency credited to the user by SuperRewards inclusive of the 65

Am I right to say that PlayerIO keeps its own tally of the total lifetime currency credited to the user by SuperRewards?
For some reason, PlayerIO's tally may diverge from SuperReward's "total".

When that happens, one of 2 things will happen (I have experienced both):
1) We get the "Received total is less than recorded total for user: xxxxxx" error with no currency credited to the user's account.
2) The currency credited to the user's account is incorrect.

I hope this information will help PlayerIO resolve this issue.
lutc

Postby Henrik » June 26th, 2015, 6:02 am

What you see is more of a warning than an error. One very common way for this to happen is if SuperRewards postbacks arrive out of order so that the first postback has a higher total than the second.

You can always check the total for the user in question and see if something is wrong.
Henrik
.IO

Postby lutc » June 26th, 2015, 8:15 am

Thanks for the info. Whenever this issue happens, the developer will need to manually credit the currency to the player's payvault.

How do we check PlayerIO's total for the user?

Also after checking my transactions, I have found that the "Received total is less than recorded total for user: xxxxxx" message also happens to users who only had a single SuperRewards transaction in that day, ruling out out-of-order postbacks for that particular instance.

Please feel free to PM me if you need more info like user ids etc for verification.
lutc

Postby Henrik » June 26th, 2015, 6:24 pm

No, if you get this message, it's because the user's PayVault contains more coins from SuperRewards than the number SuperRewards says is the current total. So if you credit the user, he'll get even more coins than he perhaps should have.

The way we calculate the current total is by simply summing up all coins received through SuperRewards callbacks. For a given user, you can do a transaction search where the provider is 'superrewards', and you'll see all received callbacks and how the user's Vault changed each time.

In the PayVault page where you look up the Vault of a specific user, there should also be a link to that user's SuperRewards offerwall, which in turn should have a link to a list of transactions by that user, as SuperRewards sees it.

And finally, comparing those two should hopefully explain why you're getting that message.
Henrik
.IO

Postby lutc » June 29th, 2015, 7:16 am

As suggested, I went to check the transactions on both SuperRewards and Payvault.

With reference to the postback
Code: Select all
postback_url = http://api.playerio.com/payvault/superrewards/postback?id=214568567&total=130&new=65&oid=5549&sig=a5ad92d3abvbfbc2a08e7f4cdcc52009&custom_pvgamedb=195557&uid=589066446 

It turns out that the postback "total" is the tally from 15 June when I enabled "Enable Alphanumeric User ID" rather than the entire lifetime total.
That is the reason why the Payvault "total" is different from the postback "total".

I have informed SuperRewards about this and have asked if they can fix this because PlayerIO relies on an accurate postback "total" in order to credit the currency.

SuperRewards responds, "Our system recognizes the alphanumeric and non-alphanumeric as 2 separate accounts even though it is the same user so it keeps a separate tally for alpha and non-alpha."
and
"We'll have someone work on it to combine the totals. We'll keep you posted."

In conclusion, if you are still using the non-alphanumeric user ids for SuperRewards, don't change to Alphnumeric user ids until SuperRewards gets this fixed otherwise you will encounter issues whenever they credit to your PayVault
(Note: this issue only affects players who have used SuperRewards BOTH before and after you change to Alphanumeric)
lutc

Postby lutc » July 1st, 2015, 3:01 pm

Update: SuperRewards says, "We've combined the pre-alpha and post-alpha numeric accounts so future postbacks should have the total for the combined account."

Update 2: Issue doesn't seem to be entirely fixed. Contacting SuperRewards.

Update 3: Seems like the issue is resolved now.
lutc

Return to PayVault