Forum BigDB Max object size?

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

Max object size?

Postby unboundedgames » February 23rd, 2015, 5:53 am

In the process of preparing to crunch down on some of my storage usage in one of my database tables for new accounts, I have noticed that my design for player collections did not account for the possibility of a max DB object size. The scary bit being if I continue expanding the game to the point that this limit is reached it may cause some serious issues, so to get that out of the way I'm here asking: is there a max size for a single database object?

To clarify, at the moment I'm looking at a small sample of [4816 objects, 9.17 MB] and decided it could use some major optimizing, but the fix only diminishes the size of accounts for the initial profile, where all of the collection amounts are set/saved to zero right now instead of using default-to-zero on load if nothing is present (which was a lazy thing to make), but for my addicts most if not all possible parameters for the object can be eventually filled. These are just integers but I'm worried there might be some kind of hard-limit on the number of different things in an object. Is this the case? Or can I have really bigDB objects for the addicts and just keep the overall usage low? :)
Last edited by unboundedgames on February 23rd, 2015, 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
unboundedgames
Paid Member

Re: Max object size?

Postby Henrik » February 23rd, 2015, 5:54 am

You can max store 500kB in a single object.
Henrik
.IO

Re: Max object size?

Postby unboundedgames » February 23rd, 2015, 7:12 am

Awesome :D
unboundedgames
Paid Member

Return to BigDB