Forum QuickConnect Quickconnect password/email change

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

Quickconnect password/email change

Postby robscherer123 » February 16th, 2015, 3:43 pm

Hello, this has been a big request for a long time now. I have users sign up through the simpleRegister methods using quickConnect. They can offer an email when the sign up in order to change their password at a later time. The email however is optional so as to not limit users who don't use email. However players often want to add or change an email later on after playing. The only way this can be done is for me to manually change it, which is obviously a pain when dealing with hundreds of thousands of users.

Is there any way a method could be added so that players could change their email? All it would have to consist of would be sending the username, password, and new email to the yahoo servers to valid and change it. Or, if a method could be added for a user to change their password without going through email, that would be equally as useful. This would be hugely helpful and has been one of the main features that would be very helpful if added. Not only helpful to myself, but the players as well.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Re: Quickconnect password/email change

Postby codgamer101 » February 17th, 2015, 5:07 am

try loop holes like this
if email = old email hen make it change to new email maybe make it reqire security questions and pw to chage the email
codgamer101

Postby robscherer123 » February 17th, 2015, 3:01 pm

What? I don't believe there is anyway to get or change the users quickConnect email through code. The only way is to manually do it through the admin panel.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » February 17th, 2015, 5:57 pm

Noted. We have a small wishlist around SimpleUsers when we get around to deprecating QuickConnect completely, I've added this suggestion there as well.
Henrik
.IO

Postby robscherer123 » February 17th, 2015, 6:11 pm

Awesome, thanks for the response! It will be very helpful.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby Guillaume » February 21st, 2015, 4:01 pm

Sorry to interfer, but do you plan to deprecate QuickConnect for Facebook too ? It's very useful for Facebook authentication.
If it's mandatory a day, i would not be mad, because i know that i can re-simulate the fb + userId information if the player successfully authenticate on Facebook.

However i think that it would be less secure at the authentication, because i suppose that you use OAUTH2 to validate the player directly at the moment. If you deprecate Facebook Auth, of course OAUTH2 will be checked from the Facebook API used by the game, but then how to validate this OAUTH2 connection from the PlayerIO authentication ? I would be obligated to use something like simpleConnect or other thing, that don't rely directly from the Facebook workflow...

What are your though Henrik ?
And sorry for the post, but i think it's also QuickConnect related :)
Guillaume

Postby gfoot » February 23rd, 2015, 3:17 am

I'm probably missing something, but what does QuickConnect give you that PlayerIO.Authenticate does not? I thought it was just an alternate interface, so if they deprecate QuickConnect, you will still be able to securely authenticate Facebook users through the lower level API.
gfoot

Postby Guillaume » February 23rd, 2015, 5:25 am

Damn ! gFoot, you are totally right, i just missed that Authenticate was ALSO having a Facebook mode (with accessToken in the dictionnary) !

Thanks to pointing me that :) !
I will update my code with this standard behavior !

Thanks a lot !

Sorry for the inconvenience Henrik ;) !
Guillaume

Return to QuickConnect