Forum BigDB BigDB not saving on live server

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

BigDB not saving on live server

Postby lyngoheather » November 22nd, 2014, 12:52 am

We've started having a problem with our game just now and it's preventing players accessing the game. We've not uploaded a new version since the 14th November and all has been working fine up until about an hour ago when we noticed the player numbers dropping. I'm sure that it can't be anything related to the game code that is currently online because players have been playing it all this week and having no problems.

I've done some testing and it seems to be caused by the BigDB not saving when I call PlayerObject.Save() at the end of my UserJoin method.

This only happens on the live server - if I test on the Development server then my game logs in and saves data fine.

It's not just the PlayerObject though it seems to be happening for all BigDB Saves that I do.

Please can somebody take a quick look and see if BigDB is running as expected?
lyngoheather

Re: BigDB not saving on live server - FIXED

Postby lyngoheather » November 22nd, 2014, 1:27 am

I've just tried closing all live server rooms and this seems to have fixed the issue. I have no idea what was wrong with the BigDB not saving but after closing the rooms that were there players can now access the game again :)
lyngoheather

Re: BigDB not saving on live server

Postby robscherer123 » November 22nd, 2014, 8:57 pm

I have been having similar problems today and yesterday. A large amount of players are having trouble with the game not loading correctly and like you said I believe it is bigDB related. My number of players online is about 60% of what it should be.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby obelisk » November 23rd, 2014, 5:30 am

We've contacted YGN and were told that they are currently experiencing a DDOS attack.
obelisk
Paid Member

Postby robscherer123 » November 23rd, 2014, 3:42 pm

Ah ok, thanks alot for the info. I dont mind the downtimes, I just like to know whats going on.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Return to BigDB