Forum Scripting getting started problem

Post your problems and discussions relating to scripting in Unity here.

getting started problem

Postby jfullernz » August 20th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Hi there. sorry if this has been explained somewhere already, but I was unable to find help on here or google.

1) I have installed the YahooGamesNetwork.unitypackage, and have created a new class for playerio.
2) The script is 'using PlayerIOClient;'
3) I attempted to create a connection using PlayerIO.connect as shown in the unity api example, but received a console error stating that there was no definition for connect, it also does not show up on the autocomplete.
4) I searched and found another example using 'PlayerIO.Authenticate' but this has the same result as step 3.

Is there any updated tutorials on how to get started with the new sdk (3.0.11)? Or any examples?
Will the documentation be updated to show the correct connection scripts?
Having read on the hosting plans this sounds like a good server to be running on for an indie developer, but I am new to using the server api.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.
jfullernz

Re: getting started problem

Postby gfoot » August 22nd, 2014, 7:38 pm

Make sure the PlayerIO DLL is in your project, it should have come from unitypackage but you can copy it from elsewhere in the SDK zip.

Also look at the example project in the SDK for an example of connecting, sending messages, etc.
gfoot

Return to Scripting