Forum Games Stuck with Yahoo implementation

Discussion relating to game development with Flash

Stuck with Yahoo implementation

Postby ySandsOfTimey » July 4th, 2014, 12:32 pm

Hi all,

I'm sorry I don't know if this is the right place to post this. My problem is, that I worked on my game for the last 8-9 month and it is almost finished. I have to say I'm not a backend programmer, so some of the issues I have might be very much my fault :)
Having said that, I also want to add that I am a very skilled game-programmer (at least I think so) with dozens of games in my portfolio you might have already played on your mobile phone...
My latest work is a flash as3 based social-casual-game and my current plan is to launch it on Yahoo at first. My problem is that I'm stuck on different things at the yahoo-implementation, and I have no idea how to debug them:

What works:
- BigDB-Access
- Yahoo login (I get my userName, the profile-pic etc).

Is not working:
- client.yahoo.payments.showBuyCoinsDialog
This always gives me the error message: PayVault is not available for non-paid games.
I have also posted here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=35573
but it seems that this is an error is seen as already"fixed".

- client.GameRequests.ShowSendDialog
Simply shows nothing when I test on the Yahoo Test-Canvas. I have no idea what I could have done wrong here.

I'm sorry that this might sound a little-bit frustrating but I'm trying around since 10 days without success, so any help is very much appreciated. Thanks a lot!
ySandsOfTimey
Paid Member

Re: Stuck with Yahoo implementation

Postby AquamentosGames » July 21st, 2014, 2:01 pm

This is an old(ish) post, but hasn't been answered.

The payvault thing - you need to upgrade from the old 'free' Player.IO price plan to the new Yahoo! Games price plan (which will still be free if you are under 5000 users - a better deal even the old Player.IO price plan 'cause there's no caps on anything else)

To do so, click on your username at the top right and select "My Account" and then "Billing Plan" Should be a bright blue button 'Switch Pricing Plan Now' (I know it is, because I haven't done it yet myself and I just looked at the button - I just read that that's how you fix this particular issue).

As for the other thing - I don't know. However upgrading to the Y!GN Price Plan might fix that too.
AquamentosGames

Postby ySandsOfTimey » July 21st, 2014, 2:25 pm

Hi AquamentosGames,

thanks for your answer! I have to say, I already found that out and wrote that into another thread i added here. I'm sorry I forgot to write here also how I solved it. So for all who have that issue: The answer from AquamentosGames is correct, you simply have to accept the new pricing plan.
I already submitted our game yesterday to yahoo-games. We are excited to get an answer :)

Thanks a lot anyway!
ySandsOfTimey
Paid Member

Postby AquamentosGames » July 22nd, 2014, 2:36 pm

No problem! It may have even been your other post on how to do it that I read and learned how to do it.

I often solve my own issues right after I ask them :D.

These forums are so quiet so I'm trying to do my best to help out where I can and hopefully it'll pick up. "Be the change you want to see in the world" as they say.
AquamentosGames

Postby ySandsOfTimey » July 22nd, 2014, 7:02 pm

Hi AquamentosGames,

I like you attitude :)

Can you also help me out in this case:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=35688

thanks a lot!
ySandsOfTimey
Paid Member

Postby AquamentosGames » July 22nd, 2014, 8:38 pm

I saw that post, but as I haven't tinkered with Yahoo! Games Network canvas implementation you probably know more about it than I do (My first launch platform will be Kongregate.)
AquamentosGames

Postby asdarty12 » February 16th, 2022, 3:18 pm

AquamentosGames wrote:I saw that post, but as I haven't tinkered with Yahoo! Games Network canvas implementation you probably know more about it than I do (My first launch platform will be Kongregate.)

https://apkmodule.com/summertime-saga-apk/
asdarty12

Return to Games