Forum General What Loony Non-Coder Made the Authentication Documentation?

Any issues or discussions relating to Flash development are welcome here.

What Loony Non-Coder Made the Authentication Documentation?

Postby JimLion » June 19th, 2014, 3:40 am

It is actually really terrible. I am getting all kinds of errors putting this into any IDE. First of all, then didn't know to capitalize the s in String. smh... Then put functions and parameters they are passing into other functions. They don't even know that the function on Playerio object is called authenticate and not "Authenticate". Like jeezy gosh dam christ, YOU CREATED THIS API YOU SHOULD KNOW WTF THE SPELLING IS. Holy cow wranglers on a muffin top. I seriously want to punch in the face every single person at playerio or yahoo or whoever the f-ing f f f f f is in charge here because, NEWS FLASH: YOUR DOCUMENTATION IS SO BROKEN IT MAKES YOU ALL LOOK RETARDED. Seriously, take you own code and put it into an actionscript class. You will be SO embarrassed, as you should be. I spit on this documentation and the entirety of your establishment, yahoo. Grow up.
Last edited by JimLion on June 23rd, 2014, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimLion

Re: What Moron Made the Authentication Documentation?

Postby Henrik » June 20th, 2014, 6:28 pm

The example code on the documentation page is actually C# code, but you are right in that we should point that out better on that page.

The AS3 reference should be accurate though: https://gamesnet.yahoo.com/documentatio ... thenticate
Henrik
.IO

Re: What Rabid Menace Made the Authentication Documentation?

Postby JimLion » June 20th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Holy Moley there are moderators here! Also, I had to figure out for myself that the mysterious "player objects" are objects in the PlayerObjects table whose keys are the user's username. This is not mentioned anywhere.

Also, the server code... how do you run it? I am running the development server, but... how do I also use the other C# class that I create. Does it matter where on my local machine the C# class is? How do you "upload" to development server?
Last edited by JimLion on June 23rd, 2014, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimLion

Postby Henrik » June 20th, 2014, 7:26 pm

If you start from one of the example multiplayer games, everything should be setup so that the Development Server uses the .dll from the GameCode project in the solution.

If you change any of that around, you can click the name of the .dll in the Development Server to change it.
Henrik
.IO

Postby JimLion » June 20th, 2014, 9:44 pm

Ok, so are you saying that in order to test the development server with my custom code I have to compile the C# into a dll file and then run the dll file instead of Player.IO Client Example.VS2010.sln?
JimLion

Postby Henrik » June 20th, 2014, 10:01 pm

The Client Example project shows you how to use the .Net client, but to make a multiplayer game you should check out one of the Multiplayer examples, for example FridgeMagnets, that has both an AS3 clientside, and a .Net serverside.

Or you can check out the Newgame example project which has all you need to get started, including instructions.
Henrik
.IO

Postby jinen1512 » June 26th, 2014, 6:19 pm

Henrik wrote:The Client Example project shows you how to use the .Net client, but to make a multiplayer game you should check out one of the Multiplayer examples, for example FridgeMagnets, that has both an AS3 clientside, and a .Net serverside.

Or you can check out the Newgame example project which has all you need to get started, including instructions.
jinen1512

Re: What Loony Non-Coder Made the Authentication Documentati

Postby JimLion » July 16th, 2014, 3:24 pm

I don't see any instructions, but ok...
JimLion

Return to General