Forum General How Come Register User Does Nothing?

Any issues or discussions relating to Flash development are welcome here.

How Come Register User Does Nothing?

Postby JimLion » June 19th, 2014, 4:09 pm

I am trying to login and create users with the PlayerObjects table. I am using the “Simple” login authentication type. First of all let me say that the documentation’s code is completely error-filled and just plain wrong syntax! I really cannot believe that yahoo does not give a single shit about their product or whether people can use it. Anyway, here is my as3 code:

Code: Select all
var sampleDic:Dictionary = new Dictionary ();
sampleDic["register"] = "true";
sampleDic["username"] = "shithead";
sampleDic["password"] = "Password1";
sampleDic["email"] = "user@gtgfd.com";
sampleDic["gender"] = "female";
sampleDic["birthdate"] = "2014-04-22";
PlayerIO.authenticate(stage,
"mjack-dev-jxmuuaa4j0ofwnvniaq","simple",           
sampleDic, null, onFinishedAuthenticating, onErrorAuthenticating);

I start the development server locally and run this. There are no errors and onFinishedAuthenticating gets called. The first time it traces out a success message, but after that I get the message “user already registered”. However, I don't see anything about this user in any of the bigDB tables. Do I need to manually get the myPlayerObject and update it with this stuff? Why? And if you need to do that then what is the point of calling the register function in the
first place??
JimLion

Re: How Come Register User Does Nothing?

Postby Henrik » June 20th, 2014, 6:40 pm

When you register a user with SimpleUsers, you are simply storing their credentials securely in the QuickConnect user database, and you can find your registered users in the QuickConnect Control Panel.

BigDB and PlayerObjects is a separate system that you can access for a user after they have been authenticated: https://gamesnet.yahoo.com/documentatio ... erio.bigdb
Henrik
.IO

Re: How Come Register User Does Nothing?

Postby JimLion » June 20th, 2014, 9:50 pm

Interesting. I hadn't noticed the users were showing up in the QuickConnect panel.
JimLion

Return to General