Forum GameFS Loading external swf causing "Error #2035: URL Not Found"

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO game asset hosting and CDN solution, GameFS.

Loading external swf causing "Error #2035: URL Not Found"

Postby obelisk » April 13th, 2014, 5:42 pm

This is an issue one of our beta testers has been experiencing since we switched from hosting the game ourselves to hosting it with GameFS and using TinyLoader. He is unable to load the TinyLoader version of the game even though he is able to access it if I give him the direct PlayerIO CDN link to the swf.

I've also added an external swf for handling SharedObjects (since GameFS breaks SharedObjects when you update the swf) which gives the same error to the player when playing the non-TinyLoader version of the game.

This player has tested on multiple PCs with both regular and debug versions of the Flash player. I believe he is located in Romania. He also has no problem downloading external txt or jpg files using the same loader functions.

Anyone know what could be causing this player to receive "Error #2035: URL Not Found" when loading an external swf even though they are able to access that swf directly with no issues? Perhaps there is a port being blocked by their PC or ISP? Don't know how that would work when they're able to load non-swfs with no issue though.

SharedObjectHandler loader code:
Code: Select all
Security.allowDomain("*");
Security.allowInsecureDomain("*");

_loader = new Loader();
_loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, ioErrorHandler);
_loader.load(new URLRequest("http://r.playerio.com/r/<removed>/SharedObjectHandler.swf"));         
_loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, sharedObjectLoaded);

Image loader code (no issues for player):
Code: Select all
_loader = new Loader();
_loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, ioErrorHandler);
_loader.load(new URLRequest(obj.imgLink));
_loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, imageLoaded);

Note: All links are correct and lead to valid swf files. 99% of players do not have this issue. I'm hoping this is a player specific issue but I want to verify that I'm not missing anything which could prevent some players from successfully loading the game.
obelisk
Paid Member

Re: Loading external swf causing "Error #2035: URL Not Found

Postby obelisk » April 13th, 2014, 10:24 pm

I've done some additional testing with the player and I'm fairly certain the problem is the dynamic playerIO file urls. He has no problem loading an external swf off of my hosting, only playerIO (which redirects to cloudflare I believe). Any idea what could be causing this? He's able to access the playerIO url directly but via flash the redirect doesn't seem to be working. And as I mentioned previously, no one else has reported this issue, they're all able to use the tinyloader url and load the external SharedObjectHandler.swf with no problems.
obelisk
Paid Member

Postby obelisk » April 13th, 2014, 10:52 pm

Even more info:
-Player is from Romania and has UPC Romania as his ISP
-Tested on two separate computers (XP and Win 7)
-Tested using various flash player versions (debug and non)
-Tested on both Firefox and IE
-Tested with Eset AV disabled
obelisk
Paid Member

Postby Benjaminsen » April 21st, 2014, 5:29 pm

Player is extremely likely to be behind some firewall that blocks one or multiple of our service urls.
E.g. r.playerio.com is likely blocked by his ISP.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby obelisk » April 21st, 2014, 5:47 pm

How is that possible when he is able to access the swf files directly via the playerIO links? It's only when trying to load them through another swf that he gets the "Url not found" error.
obelisk
Paid Member

Postby Benjaminsen » April 21st, 2014, 6:06 pm

obelisk wrote:How is that possible when he is able to access the swf files directly via the playerIO links? It's only when trying to load them through another swf that he gets the "Url not found" error.

Good questions, not something we are able to debug as it only happens to a single user.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby obelisk » April 21st, 2014, 6:17 pm

Thanks for your replies. I'm going to assume this issue is limited to this specific player and work with them to find out what's messing things up on their end. If I come across any other players with the same problem I'll post it here.
obelisk
Paid Member

Return to GameFS