Forum QuickConnect Does PlayerIO regularly go OFFLINE on sunday?!

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

Does PlayerIO regularly go OFFLINE on sunday?!

Postby sebas77 » September 15th, 2013, 1:28 pm

I have a strong suspect, although I am not 100% sure, that this Sunday, as well the last 2 Sunday, playerio has been offline! Right now I am not able to connect, while our users were not on the last 2 Sundays.

Is this just my impression or there is some sort of maintenance going on on Sunday?
sebas77
Paid Member

Re: Does PlayerIO regularly go OFFLINE on sunday?!

Postby SmallJoker » September 15th, 2013, 6:35 pm

Hmm I saw nothing from offline servers but sometimes my rooms weren't able to open but this already happened before.
"Is this just my impression" Well, let's see if other users had the same problem or not...
SmallJoker

Re: Does PlayerIO regularly go OFFLINE on sunday?!

Postby dreamora » September 15th, 2013, 6:44 pm

That its regularly on sunday is a thing that I can not needfully confirm, but it happens far too regularly often with the status page claiming no problems.
My assumption is that unpaid subscriptions have a fixed contingent of resources and when thats full (unsure if its per app or general though as our game is not out of beta, I think its a general one), new attempts to connect and create rooms ends in the 'cant be created wall'. Probably paid and unpaid subscriptions run on distinct machines with unpaid being limited to what the respective machines can handle or whatever.

Thats at least the only thing that would explain the behavior seen by us and others over the past 1.5 years.
dreamora

Return to QuickConnect