Forum Mobile Support all mobiles with Airplaysdk & c++ client lib

Everything mobile goes here.

Support all mobiles with Airplaysdk & c++ client lib

Postby deadlineproof » June 23rd, 2010, 5:45 pm

I guess if could be possible to see a c++ client lib to use with airplaysdk on mobile and watever other platform that support c++.
Airplay just implement a good multiplatform socket layer.
It can be usefull also for today and tomorrow portable consoles(es. airplaysdk exist on consoles too).
I have seen that your client lib isn't open source that is a bit disappointing because it denies third party developer run their client libs.This stops only people to use it freely but i don't think it stops cheaters and/or preserve your hard against decompilation from quite experienced people.
An opensource lib in whatever language is really needed es a precompiled c++ one cannot be compiled against different architechtures(many mobiles use arm processors).
I'm waiting c# client lib too.It can be used with unity3d, silverlight, windows phone 7 and xna on pc and xbox live.
Probably you will release it as .net dll and not source but it is just something.
I'm not against flash but world is moving on ...lot of solution are coming on browsers and mobiles.
Solution from big brands as google with its chrome native code sandbox or instant standards as html 5.
It's also well know that flash will be always so mutch slower compared to native code and optimized .net or java bytecode too mutch slower on many present and actual devices with processors under 1 ghz and limited ram.
deadlineproof

Re: Support all mobiles with Airplaysdk & c++ client lib

Postby Oliver » June 24th, 2010, 1:36 pm

Hi,

We don't have a c++ client lib on the roadmap right now, but a C# version is right around the corner. The C++ version might be built if there are enough requests for it.

The client libs are not open source, because it allows us to move them forward in lock-step with the changes made to the webservice, and ensure that old versions are always backwards compatible, which is harder to do when there are open source versions of the client libs out there.

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby kidkid » March 2nd, 2011, 9:00 am

We need C++ libs for many projects now.
Hope PlayerIO could do it.
kidkid

Postby Oliver » March 9th, 2011, 6:43 pm

noted.
Oliver
.IO

Postby deadlineproof » March 22nd, 2011, 6:28 pm

We just need sources to compile them for x86 and different models of arm processors(es with and without fpu) not to make modifications.Or you can always release a prebuilt airplaysdk module.Even if we have to stick with the actual web service without to get further updates it is ok.
Sadly this is our only hope to use player io on all old current and future mobile devices(hundreds of millions of devices) where .net isn't widely supported or force to use specific and limitating middlewares...strangely the one supporting .net doesnt support sockets (windows phone 7):lol:
deadlineproof

Postby Oliver » March 22nd, 2011, 6:44 pm

Why doesn't windows phone 7 support sockets? Isen't it just limited sockets like Silverlight?
Oliver
.IO

Postby deadlineproof » March 23rd, 2011, 2:55 pm

microsoft choice at launch probably will change later in time.
It supports microsoft remoting but not sockets.
deadlineproof

Postby prsolucoes » September 12th, 2013, 6:31 am

I want a c++ version too.

smart fox server has one too.
prsolucoes

Postby wilberolive » July 10th, 2014, 3:51 am

Please release a C++ client lib... we need it for a project we are working on and would like to use the services provided here.
wilberolive

Return to Mobile