Forum Showroom BattleMage TD

Show your interesting finds or creations off here.

BattleMage TD

Postby mgray417 » June 5th, 2013, 6:27 pm

Hey Guys,

I finally got around to releasing my new game, BattleMage TD on Kongregate.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/mgray417/battlemage-td

Please check it out and rate it 5 stars so I can get it listed on the "hot new games section" of Kongregate! I am aware that there are a couple bugs/fixes that need to be addressed. I am working on releasing the first update that should be out this week.

Any feedback is always appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike
mgray417
Paid Member

Re: BattleMage TD

Postby Maras » June 6th, 2013, 10:37 am

5ed

I think you can't release a game without some player base or at least AI mode. Noone have the time to wait in flash games.

I learned it the hard way too :-)
Maras

Postby mgray417 » June 6th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Hey Maras,

Thanks for the rating buddy.

Yea the hardest part is getting people in there to play. But how would you go about getting a player base before launching a game?

If you have any secrets you would like to share, I'm all ears.

I was thinking I would try and cultivate a player base on Kong first, and then release the game on other sites/platforms once I had some steady players.

Mike
mgray417
Paid Member

Postby Maras » June 6th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Yeah, that could surely work, but you need some kind of direct deal with publisher.

Kongregate generates very poor amount of views unless your game is really good or is using Kong coins.

You can launch it on your own website, buy some traffic and upgrade it according to players feedback. That will cost some money though.
Maras

Postby mgray417 » June 6th, 2013, 4:59 pm

Maras,

Yea, I have the Kong coins integrated and I created a new site for the game already. I have no direct publisher deals going, however I'm trying to release it on Facebook and Newgrounds here shortly. Hopefully that will bump my user base a bit.

I'm curious, what game did you release that you had similar issues with?

Mike
mgray417
Paid Member

Postby Maras » June 6th, 2013, 5:11 pm

It was Match Monsters (I am planing rerelease as Manamancers)

Manamancers still sux (because of that graphic - got professional artist working on that now), but its much better with AI.

Pushing the game on Newgrounds and so on will not help you - if there is noone to play with, players can't play > publishers will not publish it.

I even played whole day when the game was in distribution and it still did not helped.

I think that AI could help a lot (playing while waiting on another player - then auto match creation)
Last edited by Maras on June 6th, 2013, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maras

Postby mgray417 » June 6th, 2013, 5:15 pm

I just gave manamancers a try and its fun. It's an original idea. I hope it works better this time around for you.

I'm working on having AI for people to practice with, the problem is, my game is pretty complex, therefore the AI needs to be complex as well.
mgray417
Paid Member

Postby Maras » June 6th, 2013, 5:25 pm

Yeah but if this game will have AI, I will gladly publish it on NotSoCasual.com and I am sure lots of publishers will feel it the same way.
Maras

Postby mgray417 » June 6th, 2013, 5:31 pm

Ah, well I appreciate that. :D

I'm trying to finish up the first update today. When I get the AI in there I will definitely let you know.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Mike
mgray417
Paid Member

Postby Maras » June 6th, 2013, 5:36 pm

No problem, good luck!
Maras

Return to Showroom