Forum PayVault Item Packs/Bundles

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

Item Packs/Bundles

Postby Gwyn » April 29th, 2013, 10:39 pm

I'm just having a look at how best to implement item packs/bundles using PayVault and am wondering how other users have achieved it or what PlayerIO would recommend.

From what I can tell PayVault only have a list of items that can be singularly brought. So the functionality for a player to buy a pack of 5 of the same item at a discount is missing? Is this correct?

So to get around this the only way I can think of achieving it is to verify the player has enough coins to buy the pack, debit that amount of coins and then give the player the 5 items. So in all its 6 calls to PayVault where anyone could go wrong (1xDebit + 5xGive).

Is what I am thinking correct? or is there a better way to do this?
Gwyn
Paid Member

Re: Item Packs/Bundles

Postby Henrik » April 30th, 2013, 11:02 am

Gwyn wrote:From what I can tell PayVault only have a list of items that can be singularly brought. So the functionality for a player to buy a pack of 5 of the same item at a discount is missing? Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct.

Gwyn wrote:So to get around this the only way I can think of achieving it is to verify the player has enough coins to buy the pack, debit that amount of coins and then give the player the 5 items. So in all its 6 calls to PayVault where anyone could go wrong (1xDebit + 5xGive).

You can give multiple items in one call, but it would still be two separate calls to PayVault, yes. You should of course only do this server-side, otherwise your players can give themselves unlimited items, which is kinda bad. :-D

Another way of solving it is to set up a "pack" item with the discounted price, and then exchange that for 5 of the actual items. The benefits of doing it like this is that you can have a single method that checks the inventory for pack items and exchanges all it can find. Then you can set up several different pack items for different actual items and different sizes and different discounts, and you can sell those either for Coins or actual money, which gives you more flexibility to expand the system.
Henrik
.IO

Return to PayVault