Forum Monetization Monetizing and sponsoring?

General discussion on monetization of games.

Monetizing and sponsoring?

Postby robscherer123 » March 20th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Hello! I've been a full time indie flash game developer for a few years now, so I'm quite familiar with how to make money and get games sponsored and the whole deal. I've now been working on an MMO using PlayerIO for a few months now. After putting a few months of time into it, I'm just hoping that I make some decent money from it in the end so all of my time isn't in vein.

So one question I have is.. How do I go about releasing an MMO versus your typical single player flash game? The single player way of doing things is basically get it sponsored for X amount of dollars, then release it onto the internet where it spreads to hundreds if not thousands of sites. So how will my MMO differ from this? Will PlayerIO's gameFS service allow my game to be updated while still on hundreds of different sites? Will I still be able to find a sponsor even though my game has MTX in it, or do I not find a sponsor with this type of game?

Also, I know it's extremely subjective to the game, but how good are the MTX sales? Is it a good business model, do you make a good CPM? Are their plenty of people who buy in-game items?

As I get farther into development on my game and get closer to a final product I just wanted to make sure I know what I'm getting into and make sure my time is worth it. Thanks!
robscherer123
Paid Member
 
Posts: 312
Joined: December 12th, 2012, 8:46 pm

Re: Monetizing and sponsoring?

Postby Henrik » March 20th, 2013, 2:45 pm

robscherer123 wrote:Will PlayerIO's gameFS service allow my game to be updated while still on hundreds of different sites?

Yes, use the TinyLoader for the main file, and either the redirect url or the GameFS client functions to load assets.

robscherer123 wrote:Will I still be able to find a sponsor even though my game has MTX in it, or do I not find a sponsor with this type of game?

Yes, you can use PartnerPay to share revenue with a wide variety of partners.

robscherer123 wrote:Also, I know it's extremely subjective to the game, but how good are the MTX sales? Is it a good business model, do you make a good CPM? Are their plenty of people who buy in-game items?

If the game is good, it works really well.
Henrik
.IO
 
Posts: 1877
Joined: January 4th, 2010, 1:53 pm


Return to Monetization



cron