Forum PayVault Can we use PayVault with guest users?

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

Can we use PayVault with guest users?

Postby TharosTheDragon » March 1st, 2013, 7:11 am

Players often want to able to play without having to log in first, so some games allow users to connect to Player.IO as guests. If this is done with a non-unique id like GuestUser, everyone who logs in as a guest will be using the same BigDB and PayVault information, right? So if they buy coins, those coins will be available to all other guests, right?

Is there any way to make this work? I don't want to turn players away by making them log in just to play but I certainly don't want to prohibit a player from buying coins. Could there be a way to make PayVault coins temporary for guest users? Could they buy coins with the knowledge that they would only last for that session?

I suppose another solution would be to give guests unique user id's. Flash could even store the id on the user's computer so they'd have the same one each time. But how can a unique id be generated? Even when registering with Simple Users you just have to try a username to see if it's taken. Is there some Player.IO service that could keep track of how many guest users have been created and then say the last one was Guest145 so the next one should be Guest146?
TharosTheDragon

Re: Can we use PayVault with guest users?

Postby Henrik » March 1st, 2013, 10:19 am

Asking a user to pay is a much harder proposition than asking them to register, and it's not very hard to convince them they need an account to access their purchases at a later point.

Also, what you're asking for doesn't work in Player.IO. :-D
Henrik
.IO

Return to PayVault