Forum Multiplayer [Solved] Development server at full capacity

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

[Solved] Development server at full capacity

Postby markloika » February 19th, 2011, 8:12 am

On rare occasion, I get this error while testing on the development server:
Error: There is no server in any of the selected server clusters [markloika: Development Cluster] that are eligible to start a new room in (they're all at full capacity or there are no servers in any of the clusters). Either change the selected clusters for your game in the admin panel, try again later or start some more servers for one of your clusters.

When I receive this error, there are no other clients connected to the dev server - so it's definitely not at full capacity.
Last edited by markloika on February 20th, 2011, 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
markloika

Re: [Bug] Development server at full capacity

Postby markloika » February 19th, 2011, 9:27 am

I narrowed down when this happens. If I have the dev server running, and then I put my computer in sleep mode (I'm on a laptop, so closing the lid) upon awakening the computer, the dev server doesn't work correctly and this error is presented when trying to connect to it. Closing the dev server and recompiling fixes the issue.
markloika

Postby HAnz » February 19th, 2011, 4:04 pm

The problem isn't that the development server is full but that it crashes when you put the computer to sleep while running the server. See the error: "they're all at full capacity or there are no servers in any of the clusters".

To avoid this problem don't run the development server while you put the computer to sleep or restart the development server when you wake up the computer.

Edit: Btw I don't think the topic belongs in the QuickConnect section. :)
I make games and stuff.
HAnz

Postby Benjaminsen » February 19th, 2011, 6:38 pm

If the development server stops sending in pings, the webservice will assume that it crashed and pop it out of the cluster. The sever will need to be restarted before it will become a member of the cluster again.

This is how we designed it, so it's not a bug.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Re: [Solved] Development server at full capacity

Postby Oliver » February 21st, 2011, 10:15 pm

Actually, the development server should kill itself if it notices that it's no longer in the cluster.

I'll get it looked at.
Oliver
.IO

Return to Multiplayer