Forum Mobile AOT cross-compile error in Unity 4

Anything specifically relating to droid or iOS development with Unity can go here.

AOT cross-compile error in Unity 4

Postby Amitloaf » November 20th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Since upgrading to Unity 4, the game stopped working and fails during the build in the AOT cross-compile stage.
Using Unity 4 Pro with iOS pro, latest version of player.io, latest XCode version.
Error Details:
Cross compilation job PlayerIOUnity3DClient.dll failed.
UnityEngine.UnityException: Failed AOT cross compiler: /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/BuildTargetTools/iPhonePlayer/mono-xcompiler --aot=full,asmonly,nodebug,static,outfile="PlayerIOUnity3DClient.dll.s" "PlayerIOUnity3DClient.dll" current dir : /Users/SmashKing/Documents/UnityApps/SmashKing/trunk/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed
result file exists: True
stdout:
stderr:

at UnityEditor.MonoProcessUtility.RunMonoProcess (System.Diagnostics.Process process, System.String name, System.String resultingFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UnityEditor.MonoCrossCompile.CrossCompileAOT (BuildTarget target, System.String crossCompilerAbsolutePath, System.String assembliesAbsoluteDirectory, CrossCompileOptions crossCompileOptions, System.String input, System.String output, System.String additionalOptions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UnityEditor.MonoCrossCompile+JobCompileAOT.ThreadPoolCallback (System.Object threadContext) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Thank you!
Amitloaf

Re: AOT cross-compile error in Unity 4

Postby Oliver » November 22nd, 2012, 3:02 pm

Hey,

The reason is that the current Unity3D client does not support builds with only the ".NET 2.0 Subset". If you go change the setting to ".NET 2.0" (under build player settings), it should work again.

We have a new client that will be released shortly that works under the .NET 2.0 subset.

Best,
Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby Amitloaf » November 22nd, 2012, 3:11 pm

Thanks for the response!
Will try that out :)
Amitloaf

Postby Amitloaf » November 22nd, 2012, 7:06 pm

Apparently I can't use the "non-subset" option because it screws with other things in my compilation (specifically - i can't serialize on ios) and that messes with the game. When is the subset client supposed to be out?
Amitloaf

Postby Oliver » November 22nd, 2012, 10:15 pm

Attached is a preview :)

PlayerIOUnity3DClient.dll.zip
(103.26 KiB) Downloaded 1459 times

Let me know if it works for you.
Oliver
.IO

Postby Amitloaf » November 23rd, 2012, 1:32 am

Works perfectly :) Thank you!