Forum QuickConnect facebookOAuthConnectPopup problem

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

facebookOAuthConnectPopup problem

Postby dotstudio » May 11th, 2012, 7:45 am

When I'm trying to connect my game trough Facebook using the facebookOAuthConnectPopup(), a new explorer window opens with following error:

Error
An error occured, please try again.

It's weird because I didn't have that problem last time I tested the game from my computer (that's why I'm using facebookOAuthConnectPopup instead of facebookOAuthConnect).

It's this a bug? Something's changed? I can't find if this is a problem of neither Player.io or a Facebook. They both tell me their services are "healty".

Can you help me?
Last edited by dotstudio on May 11th, 2012, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dotstudio

Re: facebookOAuthConnectPopup problem

Postby Benjaminsen » May 11th, 2012, 6:12 pm

Hey, Could I get you to post a small example of your application that fails such that we can debug the issue?
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby dotstudio » May 11th, 2012, 7:17 pm

Code: Select all
if (parameters.fb_access_token)
         {
            PlayerIO.quickConnect.facebookOAuthConnect(stage, gameid, parameters.fb_access_token, null, function(c:Client, id:String = ""):void
               {
                  handleConnect(c, parameters.fb_access_token+"", id);
               }, handleError);

}
         else
         {
            PlayerIO.quickConnect.facebookOAuthConnectPopup(stage, gameid, "_blank", ["email"], null, handleConnect, handleError);
         }

I have traces on both handleConnect and handleError functions to show me "success" or "error" messages, but right now it doesn't do that. My program doesn't even get to any of those functions. I don't even get any exception.
dotstudio

Postby fizzy79 » August 31st, 2012, 5:19 am

I'm having the same issue. Any resolution to this? Everything works fine on Facebook itself - just can't run it locally in Flash without getting:

Error
An error occured, please try again.

In order to test the game, I basically have to upload it every time I make a change. When trying to run the game within Flash, the handleConnect function is not firing, neither is handleError. The gameid and app_id are correct as well.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys! Loving the service so far. Definitely would be stuck without it. :-)
fizzy79
Paid Member

Postby Benjaminsen » August 31st, 2012, 6:54 am

We isolated this bug to a security update in the Flash Player, we are working on a fix, stay tuned!

For easier development while we get our act together, you can reuse the auth given by Facebook for about half an hour. Likewise if you request offline mode from Facebook, the token will never expire, making debugging quite a bit nicer in general.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby leoban » September 5th, 2012, 3:42 am

I assume this hasn't been resolved yet. Don't know if this helps, but when I try facebookOAuthConnectPopup(), the following pops up in the browser window:

{
"error": {
"message": "Error validating application. Application has been deleted.",
"type": "OAuthException",
"code": 101
}
}

:?
leoban

Postby Benjaminsen » September 5th, 2012, 9:53 am

leoban wrote:I assume this hasn't been resolved yet. Don't know if this helps, but when I try facebookOAuthConnectPopup(), the following pops up in the browser window:

{
"error": {
"message": "Error validating application. Application has been deleted.",
"type": "OAuthException",
"code": 101
}
}

:?

While the bugfix has yet to be released, this is not related to the error your seeing. You are trying to connect to a game that does no longer exist on Facebook. Go view your developers pane!
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby leoban » September 7th, 2012, 8:41 pm

argh stupid facebook. thanks.
leoban

Postby fizzy79 » December 30th, 2012, 3:45 am

Hey guys!

The last time I posted in this topic, I was having a problem with QuickConnect showing:

"Error
An error occurred, please try again."

in the browser after compiling a swf in Flash for web. Everything is fine with that now (and has been for a long while) and I haven't had that problem again until today. I tried publishing with AIR 3.2 for Android, and got that same error from above. When I switched the publish settings to AIR 3.2 for Desktop, it works fine and QuickConnect opens the browser, connects, and closes, and everything loads normally. I then republished with AIR 3.2 for Android and loaded the Android apk file onto my Android device, and when loading the app, the browser popup comes up and I see "Please Wait" and stays there forever, and the app never passes the connection stage. The app works fine on my Android device when no Player IO connections are involved, so I know there's nothing wrong with the app itself.

Not quite sure what the problem is, but hoping there is a simple solution. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
fizzy79
Paid Member

Postby Benjaminsen » January 4th, 2013, 11:30 am

fizzy79 wrote:Hey guys!

The last time I posted in this topic, I was having a problem with QuickConnect showing:

"Error
An error occurred, please try again."

in the browser after compiling a swf in Flash for web. Everything is fine with that now (and has been for a long while) and I haven't had that problem again until today. I tried publishing with AIR 3.2 for Android, and got that same error from above. When I switched the publish settings to AIR 3.2 for Desktop, it works fine and QuickConnect opens the browser, connects, and closes, and everything loads normally. I then republished with AIR 3.2 for Android and loaded the Android apk file onto my Android device, and when loading the app, the browser popup comes up and I see "Please Wait" and stays there forever, and the app never passes the connection stage. The app works fine on my Android device when no Player IO connections are involved, so I know there's nothing wrong with the app itself.

Not quite sure what the problem is, but hoping there is a simple solution. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

You will not be able to use OAuthConnectPopup for mobile devices. You need to use the SDK provided by Facebook to authenticate mobile devices with Facebook.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby yohami » March 12th, 2013, 4:25 am

Benjaminsen, did this get fixed yet? Im having the same error message
yohami

Return to QuickConnect