Forum General Virtual World Builder

Any issues or discussions relating to Flash development are welcome here.

Virtual World Builder

Postby interpos » April 3rd, 2012, 11:09 pm

Hi guys
Just getting my head around all the player.io stuff. Looks awesome and very affordable for a newbie website.
What I am trying to do is this:
- create a virtual online world/game for my users in flash and host in via Player.IO
- I specifically want my game users to be able to use payvault to buy objects within the game

Now I have found TheoWorlds (www.theoworlds.com) - they have a virtual world builder but I would have to do a lot of custom coding I imaging to port their engine to work with Player.IO
Does anyone know of a similar and perhaps more affordable virtual worlds creation engine that can be used with flash that would work with player.io - or am I missing the whole point ?

Thanks in advance.
;)
interpos

Re: Virtual World Builder

Postby craftyelf » April 9th, 2012, 11:27 pm

To be honest i think it will fail. Why not create a virtual world just using Player.IO by following the examples and making your own file? check out the documentation. I am sorry there aren't many users that are active on the forums :s
craftyelf

Postby mindbogglegames » April 10th, 2012, 1:36 pm

You can use Pushbutton Engine 1.0 to create worlds. It is free, but would require a lot of coding
mindbogglegames
Paid Member

Postby interpos » April 10th, 2012, 2:09 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. It is helpful and I am starting to understand that this platform is excellent - and my challenges are in writing the game itself. So am on the lookout for a good AS3 developer to develop my game and chat application.
interpos

Return to General