Forum QuickConnect Unable to test my game.

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

Unable to test my game.

Postby lostwake » September 8th, 2010, 1:11 am

I am building a turn-based game and I am using simpleConnect to connect to my game. Unfortunately when I try to test my game, I must login as two users from the same computer. I am able to login as two users at once, but when I go to user their data I am unable to access the second users database objects.

When I try to access the second users objects I instantly get disconnected and get the error on my "server":
>Error: Unable to preload player object for: simple--------
Message: You don't have access to load the object with key 'simple--------' since you didn't create it.

I understand the security implications of letting one computer login as multiple people but I am wondering if there is a way around this for testing purposes?
lostwake

Re: Unable to test my game.

Postby Oliver » September 8th, 2010, 1:36 pm

Are you running two separate flash instances or are you trying to connect two times inside the same flash file?

Regardless, you can set different access rights for different tables. You can read more about this here:
http://playerio.com/documentation/bigdb/tables

For instance, you can change the access rights on the PlayerObjects table such that everybody can read from it.

Best,
Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby Oliver » September 8th, 2010, 1:39 pm

Oh, i just re-read your message and i makes more sense now.

The problem in this case seems to be that the development server inherits the permissions of the first user joining the room, and doesn't enjoy full-permissions like the actual cluster servers has when your game is in production.

My advice would be to use the access rights to give more permissions to the connection you're using (most likely 'public'), and change the permissions when going live.

Best,
Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby lostwake » September 8th, 2010, 11:35 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

It works fine now.

Thanks for your help.
lostwake

Return to QuickConnect