Forum QuickConnect 404 - File or Directory not found

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

404 - File or Directory not found

Postby dsaunder » July 23rd, 2010, 2:57 am

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get the facebook connect popup working and I keep getting these errors:

Server Error
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

If I don't get this, I get another error something along the lines of "unknown game" or something.

Is there an undocumented step I'm missing? This all seems really great and straightforward but it's not working for me :'(

I tried the demo http://chrisbenjaminsen.com/stuff/facebookconnect.swf and it worked fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Dave
dsaunder

Re: 404 - File or Directory not found

Postby Benjaminsen » July 23rd, 2010, 11:09 am

Post your code and let's have a look
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby dsaunder » July 23rd, 2010, 7:59 pm

I just copied the code from the QuickConnect doc page. Instead of passing my game ID through a var I made it a string literal, that wouldn't screw things up would it? :D

Other than that the code is identical.
dsaunder

Postby Benjaminsen » July 23rd, 2010, 10:10 pm

Can I get you to check the connection URL you defined in your Facebook application? If possible screenshot the comfit page and send it to me as an email at Chris at player.io.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby dsaunder » July 24th, 2010, 5:25 am

Well, after starting everything completely over and adding api.playerio.com as the base domain for the facebook app, I got things working. I think the base domain was what I was missing, that should go in the docs somewhere :D
dsaunder

Return to QuickConnect