Forum ActionScript 3.0 Help making a Spot The Difference game

Problems and discussions relating to ActionScript 3.0 here.

Help making a Spot The Difference game

Postby Duder » June 10th, 2010, 11:21 am

Hi!

Im pretty new at Actionscript 3.0 and I have to make a Spot The Difference game for school.. Now I followed a tutorial, but it's in AS 2.0 and I really cant get it to work in AS 3.0. Also, the tutorial isn't complete, so is there anyone that can help me any further with the code ?
Here's the tutorial I followed:

http://www.flashperfection.com/tutorial ... rence-Ga...

Thanks!
Duder

Re: Help making a Spot The Difference game

Postby loucsam » June 11th, 2010, 4:22 am

I'm not sure this is the best place to ask such a question, unless it relates to this API, at playerio.

Secondly you haven't really asked any questions anyone can really answer.

You've simply said you are having trouble, need to do it in as3, tutorial is in as2, go look at tutorial.

What exactly did you want help with?

Cheers,
Max
loucsam

Postby Duder » June 11th, 2010, 8:00 am

I wasnt sure if this forum was only about the playerIO or if this section was for other AS 3.0 questions as well.. What I wanted to know is how I can convert that AS 2.0 code and make it work in AS 3.0

Ive tried an As2 to AS3 converter I found online, but that didnt work either
Duder

Postby fox1980 » June 11th, 2010, 10:20 am

AS3 isn't a simple upgrade from AS2, it's a whole different concept. There's too many differences for any automatic converter to be reliable. Anyway a spot the difference game should be so trivial to make that you shouldn't need a source code example. You could get by with simply placing empty textfields with fixed size on top of the differences and use the onclick event handler to mark them as found.
fox1980

Postby Benjaminsen » June 11th, 2010, 11:37 am

Just to clarify, the forum, being on Player.IO could be seen as about our API's only. We are however a community of developers so questions about programming, flash etc is more than welcome!
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby Toby » June 11th, 2010, 1:04 pm

Hence why there is an ActionScript 2 section even though the APIs are AS3 based. :)
Toby

Return to ActionScript 3.0