Forum General Calling on Unity / WebGL Developers

Any issues or discussions relating to Unity development are welcome here.

Calling on Unity / WebGL Developers

Postby obelisk » November 5th, 2017, 3:00 pm

Hey there,

I'm hoping to get some responses here from anyone developing on Unity for WebGL using PlayerIO.

As many are aware flash is dying and I was unfortunate enough to have invested everything into it over the years....
I have two major projects that I either need to move onto something else, or migrate to a plausible solution. One of these projects use PlayerIO for real-time interaction.

I am currently testing Websockets outside of PlayerIO successfully but I want to know if you have been successful using PlayerIO for this.

I'm published on Kongregate, ArmorGames, Facebook, and more, so secure (wss) is a must have.

Are you running into a plethora of issues without much support, or have issues you've run into been easily worked around or resolved via support? I'm not seeing a lot of interaction here in the forums for related issues or support with a finale, so it's hard to tell and this isn't something I can afford to jump into as an expensive 4-6+ month renovation if we're just going to get screwed over by platform issues; other people's jobs are on the line beyond my own, so the anxiety and concern is very high right now.

Anyways, I really appreciate any feedback on this!
obelisk
Paid Member

Re: Calling on Unity / WebGL Developers

Postby tripknotix » November 8th, 2017, 7:52 pm

Not a single problem at all currently with Playerio + Webgl while using Unity.

http://realdefinition.net/play/

It works great !, my whole mobile game now works with it, and i am working on the controller support right now, so i can port to other platforms, thankfully PlayerIO is far more capable of other platforms than it was a year ago.
tripknotix
Paid Member

Postby Emalton » November 14th, 2017, 2:13 pm

I sent you an email
Emalton

Postby obelisk » November 14th, 2017, 3:29 pm

Thanks!
obelisk
Paid Member

Return to General