Forum General Unity Web Player

Any issues or discussions relating to Unity development are welcome here.

Unity Web Player

Postby WizardGaming » June 14th, 2014, 8:26 am

Hey, sorry for being a noob, but im having some trouble geting Sitebox to load my unity app. The steps i have taken are as follows:

1) i created a fresh unity project and placed a cube into the scene.
2) i built the project as a web app, and then changed the name of the compiled html file to "index.html".
3) i then uploaded the files to the game folder that was created when i "Created a site," in SiteBox.

When try to test the page unity crashes with an error: Invalid Data File "Data file is corrupt(not a unity web player file)"

When i just double click the file that was created in unity it runs fine, but once i upload it to sitebox it returns the error.

I was just wondering if anyone know what i was doing wrong or it anyone had any experience with this.

Thanks for your time.
-b
WizardGaming

Re: Unity Web Player

Postby WizardGaming » June 14th, 2014, 9:19 pm

Sorry to double post, but now im really frustrated.

after researching all day im no closer to a solution. Most of the answers on the web have to do with creating a new mime type for the .unity3d file extension.

However i have a new problem now. In desperation i decided to just delete the game from the ygn dashboard and start fresh, however when i did this it did not delete the link to my domain and now when ever i try to set up the new site it says "That domain is already used by another site." The problem is that the game that connected to the site has been deleted and i dont know what to do to move forward.

Does anyone know if there is any way to contact support, or if there is any thing i can do to link my domain name back to a new sitebox site.

thanks again and sorry for the double post;
-b
WizardGaming

Return to General