Forum General Wish there were more Documentation

Any issues or discussions relating to Unity development are welcome here.

Wish there were more Documentation

Postby kaiserxen » May 30th, 2013, 7:39 pm

PlayerIO is certenly a great tool for multiplayer develop because the its very easy to use (the basics) , have easy access to databases without needing mysql or similars, they host your server, etc its really a good service and i use it in some games of my own, the bad thing is that there is some lack of documentation, the uinity example you provide is not really enought to have an overall idea of how to do many things like turn based games, fps, mmo. this makes harder to us developers to grow. by example i havent been able to make a character move using the keyboard and i cant find any info regarding.

I really like playerIO and i wish there were more documentation, examples and comunity support for unity. if i can help somehow to make playerIO better please let me know.
kaiserxen

Re: Wish there were more Documentation

Postby jbrettob » June 22nd, 2013, 11:29 pm

True that, same here. I have been playing around with PlayerIO x Unity3D for 3 months now, and I have got something running but haven't got the ideal setting yet.

Once I have some spare time left, I'm able to setup a networking project in Unity3D for a specific type of game. However this won't be the idealest project ever since I'm still learning myself during the process. I think I can create a project and a tutorial on how to move a player with the keyboard and see it via other clients. Not sure when I have the time for it, but it should be fairly easy to do.
Game Designer & Developer | Flash | AS3 | Unity3D | C#
w: jbrettob.com | blog: blog.jbrettob.com | @jbrettob
jbrettob

Re: Wish there were more Documentation

Postby adson3492 » December 30th, 2014, 8:54 pm

What exceptions are you running into?

Cut down your exam stress by using our latest itil v3 certification exam and high quality java certification and kumc mcdst demos. We provide updated www.berklee.edu questions with Olivet Nazarene University pass guarantee along with Tabor College
adson3492

Return to General