Forum General Another "Unable to Connect, Access Denied" Problem

Any issues or discussions relating to Unity development are welcome here.

Another "Unable to Connect, Access Denied" Problem

Postby kkim1975 » November 25th, 2012, 2:06 am

Hello all,

I spent nearly a half day trying to resolve what is seemingly rather common problem with running the 'Mushrooms' demo. I am trying to run this on my MacBook Pro and my Unity version is 3.5.6.

Here's what I did:
1. Downloaded the Player.IO Development Package (v2.3.5) and unpacked it.
2. Double-clicked the 'Serverside Code.VS2010.sln' file, which was loaded in the MonoDevelop.
3. Ran the above solution and I got the Application Output as follows (sorry about the mess):
[19:31:09] Starting Development Server (v2.3.5.0)
ARG!: + System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/usr/share/GameServerCache" is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlayerIO.ServerCore.identifier31.getCached[String] (System.String name, System.Func`1 create) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
ARG!: + System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/usr/share/GameServerCache" is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlayerIO.ServerCore.identifier31.getCached[identifier32] (System.String name, System.Func`1 create) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlayerIO.ServerCore.identifier31.getCached[identifier33] (System.String name, System.Func`1 create) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[19:31:10] PolicyServer Error: Unable to start Flash policy server on port 843. Details: Access denied (Local Endpoint: 0.0.0.0:843)
[19:31:10] PolicyServer Error: Unable to start Silverlight policy server on port 943. Details: Access denied (Local Endpoint: 0.0.0.0:943)
[19:31:10] Server started. Logged in with account: kkim1975
[19:31:10]
[19:31:10] Trying last loaded dll
[19:31:10]
[19:31:10] Using Game Dll: MushroomsUnity3DExample.dll
[19:31:10] ========================
[19:31:10] (dll: /Users/owenkim/Downloads/Player.IO DevPack.p9TIk284rg_TxXSWEPEaSQ/Unity3D/Example - Multiplayer - Mushrooms/Serverside Code/Player.IO Test Server Project/bin/Debug/MushroomsUnity3DExample.dll)

4. I opened the 'Demo.unity' project found under the 'Example - Multiplayer - Mushrooms' folder.
5. When I ran the project, I got the following error:
PlayerIOClient.PlayerIOError: GeneralError; Unable to connect, errorcode=AccessDenied

So, I didn't go past that particular problem. I essentially read every posting in the Player.IO Forum for Unity3D users in addition to other postings in the Services forum but I couldn't seem to find a workaround for my problem.

For my firewall settings, I created a 'Port Forwarding' service for the port 8184. What I am not so sure what to do is with the 'Server IP Address' that goes with this Port Forwarding service I created. It has the IP address 192.168.1.10. But, when I check the Player.IO Administration page (under the 'Game Services' tab), I noticed that my server clusters have an IP address 72.205.16.48. so I am wondering if this has anything to do with the problem.

If I am sounding like a "noob", that's because I am probably a noob, especially when it comes to Player.IO. :cry: I just started checking it out for the first time.

Any insight/advice will be much appreciated!
kkim1975

Re: Another "Unable to Connect, Access Denied" Problem

Postby Benjaminsen » November 26th, 2012, 12:01 pm

First, you absolutely do not need to setup port forwarding to get the Player.IO development server to work.

We do however still have some strange behaviour from the Mono develop based development server. Thus there is a very high chance that all of these issues will go away if you run the development server in a virtual machine under windows.

We are working on solving this!
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby vancext » November 26th, 2012, 7:30 pm

Really looking forward to this solution as well! I spent a day looking for a fix to this problem like the poster above.
vancext

Postby Intrawebs » January 20th, 2013, 9:43 am

kkim, did you get this working in the end? Or anyone else get the current Plater.IO dev server sample project to run on OSX with Mono Developer 2.8.2 and Unity3D 4.0? I get the same errors as you, the server winform never loads.
Intrawebs
Paid Member

Return to General