Forum General Problems getting example to run

Any issues or discussions relating to Unity development are welcome here.

Problems getting example to run

Postby quickfingers » January 28th, 2011, 6:33 am

Hi there, this looks like a nice library, I'm trying to evaluate it at the moment but having trouble getting the example mushrooms project going.
I've got the server running in visual studio and it all looks good, game id is pasted into GameManager class correctly, when I hit play it says the following :

Successfully connected to Player.IO
Error Joining Room: PlayerIOClient.PlayerIOError: GeneralError; Unable to connect, errorcode=AccessDenied

Any ideas what might cause this, I haven't changed a thing in the code
Is it possible to run the dev server on a different machine to the client? I use a mac so I'm using virtualization to run the server, but they do share net connection / ip between mac and virtualized pc so shouldn't be a problem
quickfingers

Re: Problems getting example to run

Postby quickfingers » January 28th, 2011, 7:02 am

Maaged to solve this, if anyone else is having issues. I set my VMWare to use a bridged network connection instead of sharing the NAT, which gave it it's own ip address. Then I changed the ServerEndpoint from localhost to the ip of my virtual PC and it worked :)
quickfingers

Postby Oliver » January 28th, 2011, 11:05 am

Hey,

Thanks for sharing your solution!

Best,
Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby vitsum » October 29th, 2012, 12:19 pm

I have the same issue, but I'm not running the server in virtual machine. I run server from monodevelop on my mac, and run example in unity3d. But receive the same error. Firewall is off.
What might be a problem?

If I connect to player.io server everything fine, but when I try to connect to local server. I get this error.
vitsum

Postby Altavious » March 6th, 2013, 8:42 pm

Thanks quickfingers :-) This got me up and running - monodevelop didn't work for me, and the vm wasn't working until I bridged the connections and changed the server end point. This info should really be added to the GettingStarted.txt file that ships with the demo.
Altavious

Return to General