Forum Multiplayer Will Persistence be Separate Pricing?

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

Will Persistence be Separate Pricing?

Postby jitterbug » February 10th, 2010, 3:41 am

Hello

We're nearing the end of development of our game engine and looking at solutions for the backend, playerio looks very promising.

Our game requires persistence, while I realise that the spec isn't complete, what is the intentions business side?

Will data storage be included in the current pricing model?

Sidenote, our backend will need to accept incoming post request from another server, can this be treated as a seperate connection type?
jitterbug

Re: Will Persistence be Separate Pricing?

Postby Oliver » February 10th, 2010, 9:49 am

Hi Jitterbug,

We're nearing the end of development of our game engine and looking at solutions for the backend, playerio looks very promising.

Awesome :-)

Will data storage be included in the current pricing model?

Yes. But there will be limits on the amount of objects you can store depending on the plan you're using; we're pretty large with the limits though :-)

Sidenote, our backend will need to accept incoming post request from another server, can this be treated as a seperate connection type?

My immidate answer would be yes: you can either use a separate connection type OR you can have your external components connect to a room and send messages on events via sockets. Both will probably require a client library in your language -- what language are you using?

If you tell us more about the goal you're aiming for, we can probably give you a better description about how to solve it.

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Re: Will Persistence be Separate Pricing?

Postby Oliver » May 31st, 2010, 9:03 pm

Hey Jitterbug,

I realize it's a long time since we talked, but i thought I'd mention that we've launched BigDB: http://www.playerio.com/features/bigdb/ which is our database/persistance solution.

Give it a look.
Oliver
.IO

Return to Multiplayer