Forum Multiplayer Silverlight support

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

Silverlight support

Postby TomatoGG » July 31st, 2010, 11:50 pm

Hi, I'm very excited about your .NET client support in your new release since I prefer to use XNA and Silverlight rather than Flash. However I notice there's no separate client library for Silverlight. Are you going to support Silverlight and will it be soon? The reason why this is important to me is that I'm writing a new version of a game that was originally written in Flash and I have to make a huge decision now whether to continue to use Flash for the new version or switch to Silverlight. The current version is now running at http://www.bunco-jackpot.com and it would take me about 3-4 weeks to complete the new version in Flash. If Silverlight support is available soon, I may concentrate on something else first and wait for it. Otherwise I will just plod on with Flash. Thx and much appreciated for any info that you can provide :)
TomatoGG

Re: Silverlight support

Postby Oliver » August 2nd, 2010, 9:56 am

Hi TomatoGG,

It's correct that there is no seperate Silverlight library yet -- We tried compiling the .net client as a Silverlight .dll but there were too many issues for a quick-port, so it's something we've delayed until later.

I can't give you a firm commitment on when -- i don't think it'll be inside the next month -- so I would advise that you work in Flash for now, and then be happy when the Silverlight client appears :-)

All the best,
Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby TomatoGG » August 2nd, 2010, 10:27 pm

OK no problem i will use Flash for the moment. Thx Oliver! I really luv what ur doing. Oh btw do u guys have advertising logos that we can download and put on our web site? I seriously would like to have a "I Love Player.IO" image or you wont mind if I made one myself? ;)
TomatoGG

Postby Oliver » August 3rd, 2010, 9:00 am

Hey,

We don't have any badges or anything yet, you're more then welcome to make some!

Be sure to share with the rest of the group :)

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Return to Multiplayer