Forum Multiplayer Consistency between development and live servers

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

Consistency between development and live servers

Postby TomatoGG » July 30th, 2010, 10:23 am

Hi, there seems to be an inconsistent behavior between the development server and the live server. I just found out that in the development server, it does not care which server type you specify when you connect to the game as it always uses the game server that is loaded. However the live server will only select the correct game server based on the server type. While this is logical but it does open up an avenue for beginners to make the mistake of forgetting to change the server type from "bounce" on the client to the real game server when they go live as they did not have to do that on the development server. Even if this is not fixed, it would be important to highlight this difference to newcomers so they do not have waste a couple of hours and pulling their hair out in frustration as to why their game works perfectly in the development server and just won't work on the live server only to discover much later that they forgot to change the "bounce" server type. Yes, yes that was exactly what happened to me. :roll: I admit that im a noob :lol:
TomatoGG

Re: Consistency between development and live servers

Postby Benjaminsen » July 30th, 2010, 10:27 am

You are not the first to mention this, thus it's already on the Nice to have TODO
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to Multiplayer