Forum Multiplayer Pricing - between Pro and Enterprise

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

Pricing - between Pro and Enterprise

Postby markloika » July 27th, 2010, 4:23 am

I was wondering if there is any possibility of a plan (or just a prorated option) between Pro and Enterprise. The difference between 5,000 users and 25,000 users is $475, but the difference between 25,000 and 26,000 is $2,000. I don't know how many concurrent users there will be at any given time (since I haven't released the game yet), but I am imagining there will probably be around 50,000 users. It would seem logical that if 25,000 users = $500, 50,000 users would equal $1,000, but under the pricing outline on the website it would seem that 50,000 users will cost $2,500.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mark
markloika

Re: Pricing - between Pro and Enterprise

Postby Benjaminsen » July 27th, 2010, 10:10 am

Hey Mark

The users number is Max Concurrent Online refers to how many people you can have online on the multiplayer servers at the same time. If you had 50.000 people concurrent online, it would be one of the largest flash games on the internet, you can compare it to having more than all Kongregates active users playing just your game.

Lets say you reach those numbers, give us a call and we will discuss pricing.

/Chris
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby markloika » July 27th, 2010, 10:31 am

Haha well then my estimates are possibly vastly off base.

I am partnering with a network of the largest Chinese flash portals though (there's a Chinese version), as well as the main US sponsor (which will be one of the big ones), and non-exclusive US sponsors. So it will have a global launch on multiple very large portals. I see the potential there to have 50,000 concurrent users, but again, my estimates could be completely inaccurate.

In any case, I'm planning on bumping my plan up to the Enterprise level for launch. I created this topic because the traffic will decline after the launch bubble, but possibly not decline to the Pro level. I was just wondering what would happen if that situation occurs.

Regards,
Mark
markloika

Postby Benjaminsen » July 27th, 2010, 10:42 am

Hey Mark

I would love to hear more about this project? Especially I would like to know when you go live so we can be sure to keep an eye out on the servers when it happens.

If you send me your number or skype on my email chris at player.io I will be more than happy to call you up

Best
Chris Benjaminsen
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to Multiplayer