Forum Multiplayer How to implement this

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

How to implement this

Postby KlausMikalson » August 22nd, 2020, 10:07 pm

Hello everyone,,

I have a lobby(hosted as a separate game on playerIO)
I have another game "game1" (hosted as a separate game on playerIO).

Now the lobby is actually common for all the games, it has different connections for each of the actual games.
Now say a user in the lobby who has been authenticated on the game1 connection of the lobby game, creates and configures a game. Lets say a tictactoe game for max 3 players, entry fee is 1$. now this game appears as open on the screens on other people connected to the lobby. The other people can click join and the lobby waits for required number of people to join. once they all join the tictactoe game gets launched in another URL.

Now i need to know this :

Should i be creating a tictactoe room when the user configured the room?

If not then ill have to pass these parameters in the URL which opens the tictactoe game which inturn passes it to the tictactoe swf. However a user can alter the entry fee in the url...so how to do this securely.

From the lobby i need to securely create a room of another game, allowing only the users who clicked join to join that room.

Thanks.
KlausMikalson

Re: How to implement this

Postby Henrik » September 7th, 2020, 10:29 pm

It's pretty difficult to share data securely between games, and the easiest solution is probably to have all your different games, as well as your lobby, as different Room Types in a single game in PlayerIO. Otherwise all your players have to re-authenticate once for every different game they're playing + the lobby.
Henrik
.IO

Return to Multiplayer