Forum Multiplayer Stream to API for authentication failure

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

Stream to API for authentication failure

Postby obelisk » September 30th, 2019, 4:17 pm

I had this issue a week ago that magically went away, but appears to be back now when I attempt to log in w/ my flash client. Leaving me unable to get into the server.

I have no idea if this is affecting players or not lately. Always get the random folks who can't log in but I generally chalk that up to DNS/routing issues.

Code: Select all
[PlayerIOError] Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: https://api.playerio.com/api/400

Notes
    From Flash Player 24
    Attempted updating SWC to latest (had older version from 2015) but that only appeared to remove Yahoo library, and did not resolve this issue.
    I have nothing that would otherwise block the connection
    This started a week ago, went away, and appears to be back.

I'm assuming this is a lambda issue or something and not my end, but I'm certainly up for troubleshooting if there's any ideas.
obelisk
Paid Member

Re: Stream to API for authentication failure

Postby robscherer123 » October 1st, 2019, 2:06 pm

I've gotten this issue from time to time. I'm assuming it's something not on our end. It never occurred too often for me however.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby obelisk » October 1st, 2019, 7:22 pm

Unfortunately I haven't been able to local test for 3 days now because of it.

Edit: Started working again last night. I did absolutely nothing to resolve it, so again, I'll pressure this is on pIO's end.
obelisk
Paid Member

Postby obelisk » October 10th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Appears the issue is back...

Code: Select all
Stream Error. URL: https://api.playerio.com/api/400
obelisk
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » October 15th, 2019, 4:46 am

What this error means is that your Flash container on your device on your network can't load that URL for whatever reason. It's a hilariously useless error message, because there's a million reasons the network request failed, and it doesn't tell you which reason it is.

If you're still getting it, try loading that URL in a regular browser on the same device on the same network and see what happens, if it still errors out, your browser should tell you in much better detail why it's failing.

For what it's worth, we haven't done any network changes on our end during the last couple of weeks, and I haven't seen anything from our server hosting provider that they've done any changes to their network either.
Henrik
.IO

Postby obelisk » October 16th, 2019, 4:37 pm

Thanks for the response, Henrik.

I have an unfortunately annoying amount of experience with these useless flash network errors as well :(

So here's the odd thing. If I load the exact same client remotely through a browser, there's no issue whatsoever. When loading from the standalone (whether from the 'exact same' swf from the website, or a newly compiled one), this error comes to fruition.

However, there's definitely nothing on my end that would block it. I can drop all my security features (And it's not a flash security feature blocking it either) and it still returns with a fail; and if anything I'd suspect the browser to block it with adblock before the os, AND it's intermittent.

It can simply not work for 2 days, I do nothing (it sits idle) on that computer, then run the standalone again on day 3 and boom, it authenticates consistently for another day or so, then repeats back to failing.

Only thing I can think of that might be different otherwise is the headers passed. Browser headers obviously are not going to be the same as the standalone.

I assume AWS Lambda or similar is being used for this, are there any errors on your end that might indicate things; or if nothing then I guess that proves it's 100% not on your end.

ps. Another alternative issue, could it perhaps different cache-control?
obelisk
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » October 16th, 2019, 9:59 pm

Ok, so it's the standalone and never the browser. That's sort of good, and it's probably because browsers are kept more up-to-date and are more resilient to weird networking issues.

My best guess is that it's connected to HTTPS. For some reason, the standalone has issues doing SSL connections sometimes because who knows, and that causes the network error. Try running with useSecureApiRequests as false, and see if you get the same issues when running your game standalone.
Henrik
.IO

Postby chandkumar3g » January 22nd, 2021, 3:29 pm

I assume AWS Lambda or similar is being used for this, are there any errors on your end that might indicate things; or if nothing then I guess that proves it's 100% not on your end.
chandkumar3g

Return to Multiplayer