Forum Multiplayer Audio Transmission

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

Audio Transmission

Postby vikreed » November 11th, 2017, 2:14 pm

Is it possible to transfer Audio Via server, Like 2 people talking while playing?

Regards,
Vikreed Team
vikreed

Re: Audio Transmission

Postby Henrik » November 11th, 2017, 9:43 pm

Hey Vikreed,

Technically, yes. Messages allow the datatype byte array, and you could convert and chunk audio in from one client, send to the server as byte arrays, and the server then just broadcasts those back out to all other players again, and each client then pieces together the data and plays back the audio.

However, I suspect there's a lot of devils in the details on how to do that, and it's probably a lot of work getting it right, so it sounds right at the other end, what with latency and delays, etc.

My best bet would be to see if there are existing libraries for this where other people have already worked out the kinks, and where you can plug in your own transport layer, and use that over PlayerIO messages.
Henrik
.IO

Postby vikreed » November 12th, 2017, 4:48 am

Thanks for the explanation.

Regards,
Vikreek Team
vikreed

Postby victormayer » July 14th, 2022, 5:25 am

Where do you use the source of the audio file? Have you ever thought about using audio files on Soundcloud? If you do not know how to download audio files from Soundcloud, here is a useful tool for you: https://soundcloudtomp3downloader.net/
victormayer

Postby Edithruby » August 1st, 2022, 5:51 am

i have developed rolling ball 3d game and luckily i have a bit of success now because many people love this game my game is fun and simple but needs concentration so try to get the ball real far away and become the one with the highest score
Edithruby

Return to Multiplayer