Forum Multiplayer Save Errors Frequent

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

Save Errors Frequent

Postby obelisk » October 3rd, 2017, 6:36 pm

Plenty of these to go around...here are 3...

Error Saving Player: An unexpected error occurred inside the Player.IO webservice. Please try again. - Reference code: e120ebe3 [636426245261261968-1]

Error Saving Player: An unexpected error occurred inside the Player.IO webservice. Please try again. - Reference code: e120ebe3 [636426189150388746-1]

Error Saving Player: An unexpected error occurred inside the Player.IO webservice. Please try again. - Reference code: e120ebe3 [636426061390492031-1]

Sometimes these issues are causing some havoc with account consistency. I've even had issues with purchases not going through, and I believe these are related.
obelisk
Paid Member

Re: Save Errors Frequent

Postby Henrik » October 6th, 2017, 5:38 am

Hey obelisk,

I can see that globally we have very few of those errors, so it's strange that they'd all appear in your game.

The saves that are failing, what are you saving? Just a small change to a single object, or large changes to a single object, or changes to multiple objects? Are your changes spanning multiple tables, or a single table?
Henrik
.IO

Postby obelisk » October 19th, 2017, 12:52 am

One or a few small changes on properties on large objects mostly.

There's room on my end to optimize how much this is loaded, but not saved unfortunately. The saves occur from purchases, changes in equipment, etc....nothing really major most of the time, however the affect of these is major as it causes rollbacks on events that I can't otherwise rectify full knowing what went missing/was lost.

What generally would cause this error? I run a couple other bigger projects on AWS using a rather large variety of their services, perhaps knowing what service is affected and what the error actually means, might allow me to rectify my code in a way that causes this to occur less on my game servers.

Is this a communication error (not hitting the endpoint), a DB error (connection or otherwise), threading error?

Thanks
obelisk
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » October 26th, 2017, 9:24 pm

It's a timeout in our storage layer, but at a step in the save process where I'm surprised to see any errors at all.

I've added more logging to that part so we can figure out what's going wrong and solve it.
Henrik
.IO

Return to Multiplayer