Forum Multiplayer Development Server can't see Android phone...

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

Development Server can't see Android phone...

Postby ZaferGUREL » July 16th, 2017, 9:40 pm

When I build apk and loading on the phone,
after running apk on the phone.. using with Development Server,
I can not see the connection on the Development server screen...
How can I see android connection on the develeopment server screen..
Thank you...
ZaferGUREL

Re: Development Server can't see Android phone...

Postby Henrik » July 17th, 2017, 3:46 pm

When your game runs on your android phone, you need to be able to reach your development server over the network. So in your game code, when you use the https://playerio.com/documentation/refe ... mentServer override, you need to enter a reachable IP address of the computer where your dev server runs so that the phone can connect to it.
Henrik
.IO

Postby ZaferGUREL » July 17th, 2017, 10:09 pm

Henrik wrote:When your game runs on your android phone, you need to be able to reach your development server over the network. So in your game code, when you use the https://playerio.com/documentation/refe ... mentServer override, you need to enter a reachable IP address of the computer where your dev server runs so that the phone can connect to it.

ok, I use "client.multiplayer.developmentServer = "127.0.0.1,8184"; but , when I run the game on my computer (unity-Android platform) for testing I can see the connection on the developmentTestServer program; when I run the game.apk on Android phone the game is running but I can't see the connection on the developmentTestServer program...
ZaferGUREL

Postby Henrik » July 19th, 2017, 10:27 pm

ZaferGUREL wrote:ok, I use "client.multiplayer.developmentServer = "127.0.0.1,8184"; but , when I run the game on my computer (unity-Android platform) for testing I can see the connection on the developmentTestServer program; when I run the game.apk on Android phone the game is running but I can't see the connection on the developmentTestServer program...

Yes, because on the android phone, 127.0.0.1 points to the phone itself, not your computer. You need to figure out what ip address you can use on your phone to connect to your computer, which depends completely on how your network is setup.
Henrik
.IO

Return to Multiplayer