Forum Multiplayer Wrong Player Count in Admin Panel

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

Wrong Player Count in Admin Panel

Postby aseemgarg321 » June 6th, 2017, 3:44 pm

Hi,

I am seeing wrong Player Count in MULTIPLAYER menu in admin panel.

I was seeing some Random count from long time, Sometimes 2, 4 or 6.

So what I did was, I wrote small code to check no of players in room and displayed that in DB object - i got player count as 1.

Please find screenshot attached.

http://imgur.com/a/hFvwO

Thanks,
Aseem
aseemgarg321

Re: Wrong Player Count in Admin Panel

Postby aseemgarg321 » June 10th, 2017, 11:13 am

Hi,

This is happening on Daily Basis..

Will it be possible to reach the root cause of it, I just want to make sure that if it is problem from my end or not.

No of Players are shown wrong almost all the time(like 4-6 even if one 1 person is testing), also quite a lot of times room doesn't seem to be closed..
In fact sometimes, we close our testing and go home, and when we come back next morning we see room opened from last day in Admin Panel..

We are testing from mobile, and we close our Apps - which should automatically close the connection. which use to happen most of times, but nowadays some times connections are getting stuck and that room get messy..

Thanks,
Aseem
aseemgarg321

Postby aseemgarg321 » June 13th, 2017, 6:29 am

This is typical Example of what I was saying..

http://imgur.com/a/nMG5a

This room is opened for 24 hrs.. even though we have not done our testing from last 24 hours..

If I am doing something wrong, I will really like to know what it can be and how can I correct it.

Thanks,
Aseem
aseemgarg321

Postby robscherer123 » June 13th, 2017, 8:18 pm

I know there used to be a bug a few years ago that was very annoying and troublesome. It would make it so that even when all players left a room, a "ghost" of one of the players would get stuck in the room and not properly disconnect for some reason, thus leaving the room open. It would cause issues with the room later if that player was to connect, blah blah blah, it was a bit annoying. Since then I've heard they made some possible fixes to that, and my game now has enough players playing constantly that it would be too hard for me to manually track and know if this bug still exists. Maybe somebody from PlayerIO can confirm is this is/was still the case and perhaps this bug still exists if the problem I explained is the one you are having.
Last edited by robscherer123 on June 14th, 2017, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby aseemgarg321 » June 14th, 2017, 5:38 am

Thanks Rob for sharing some old experience. This defiantly does look something like that.

This gets bit messy in my case. As I am assigning 1 room for each Player (kind of dedicated service Room) and if a player isn't disconnected properly, In Next login, I kind of assume this player is logged from new Device(connected to 2 device/browser at a time, Quite common in case of Facebook Users) and then I start handling it in a different way an does get bit annoying here, as my Tracking goes bizarre.

Waiting for some reply from PlayerIO.

Thanks,
Aseem
aseemgarg321

Postby robscherer123 » June 14th, 2017, 12:22 pm

Ah I got you, yea I'm sure it can be a pain. I'm just curious, if you click "close room" on the Rooms admin page, does it close the room like it should? Or does the room reappear after you refresh the page again? The way it used to work, is that even doing that would not properly close it, it would essentially have been stuck there for a few days or so, also possibly chewing up unneeded bandwidth.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby aseemgarg321 » June 14th, 2017, 1:23 pm

yeah, I remember what you are talking about.

No this time, I can easily close the room from Admin Panel.

Thanks,
Aseem
aseemgarg321

Postby Henrik » July 2nd, 2017, 4:16 am

Hey Aseem,

You're not the only one seeing this issue, and we got some ideas that we are trying out right now.

We did a pretty big change in April to support websockets for the JS client library, and one of those changes seems to have caused this.
Henrik
.IO

Postby aseemgarg321 » July 2nd, 2017, 10:30 am

Hi Henrik..

cool..

Thanks,
Aseem
aseemgarg321

Postby Henrik » July 4th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Fixed now.
Henrik
.IO

Postby aseemgarg321 » July 5th, 2017, 6:21 am

Hey Henrik,

That great news. We will keep track of it, and let you know if we observe something..

Thanks,
Aseem
aseemgarg321

Return to Multiplayer