Forum Multiplayer Strange bug in developer dashboard

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

Strange bug in developer dashboard

Postby unboundedgames » June 8th, 2014, 1:31 pm

Today whenever I try to upload new serverside code for my project it seems to take an eternity, if I click outside the white box while waiting it vanishes and nothing seems to change. So at some point earlier I decided to try again a few times and this happened:

After the 3rd try all 3 appeared at the same time, but all have the same version which I suppose makes sense because they're exactly the same. However after this I've noticed that when connecting to the server for live testing there's a very high chance that the readouts tell me I've connected to playerIO but not to the multiplayer server. Whether or not that is related to the initial lag that cause these 3 duplicates in the first place, or related to the duplicates themselves is a mystery to me, but I thought I'd post just in-case this is a symptom of something more serious. Also it seems that the time it took for me to upload that image to imgur and write this post wasn't long enough to upload 45kb of new server code in the other tab, but if anyone else encounters this I'd advise you just assume that it's gone through and has yet to display, rather than to spam duplicates if the box goes away.

Edit: Going back to the other tab, clicking to the game's graph then going back to the upload game code area did nothing (still was on 148), however as soon as I disabled 148 version 149 instantly appeared, so it seems to be majorly a display error caused if the initial upload takes a bit too long.

Cheers :)
unboundedgames
Paid Member

Return to Multiplayer