Forum Multiplayer An unexpected error occured inside the Player.IO

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

An unexpected error occured inside the Player.IO

Postby ASH138 » May 10th, 2012, 11:13 am

I got this error when trying to connect to the development server:

got Error: An unexpected error occured inside the Player.IO webservice. Please try again.

May I know when this error occurs and how to fix it?

I tried connecting to the development server using a blank PlayerIO NewGame template, but it still gave the same error.

Then I tried connecting to the development server using TicTacToe, and it worked.

Surprisingly, the error happened after it said "successfully connected to playerIO". But then it won't gotoAndPlay(4); :?:
ASH138

Re: An unexpected error occured inside the Player.IO

Postby ASH138 » May 10th, 2012, 11:17 am

May I add:
This problem occurs even if I did not start the development server from serversideCode.vs2010.
Even if there is no server to connect to, it still says "successfully connected to player.io" and then throws the same error again.
ASH138

Postby deadbug » May 12th, 2012, 6:45 pm

connecting to player io means you are connected to the backend, not a game server yet.

Thats what happens after you connected to player io and I guess the problem is that your dev server is not reachable (I've some problems reaching the dev server with the 2.3.1 version of the SDK too, worked fine on 2.3.0. I'm still evaluating the situation to find the root - connecting to the live server works fine).
If you work with the live server and not development server (needs changing 1 line in the code), then ensure that you upload the latest build of your game server to the multiplayer area and also enabled it
deadbug

Postby sxelemon » August 12th, 2017, 3:46 pm

deadbug wrote:connecting to player io means you are connected to the backend, not a game server yet.

Thats what happens after you connected to player io and I guess the problem is that your dev server is not reachable (I've some problems reaching the dev server with the 2.3.1 version of the SDK too, worked fine on 2.3.0. I'm still evaluating the situation to find the root - connecting to the live server works fine).
If you work with the live server and not development server (needs changing 1 line in the code), then ensure that you upload the latest build of your game server to the multiplayer area and also enabled it

and whats the line of code exactly? if you dont mind helping
sxelemon

Postby Henrik » August 16th, 2017, 6:05 am

sxelemon wrote:and whats the line of code exactly? if you dont mind helping

https://playerio.com/documentation/serv ... clientside

If you comment out the line in your client code that sets the multiplayer.developmentserver property, your game client will connect to the live servers.
Henrik
.IO

Postby sxelemon » August 16th, 2017, 7:04 am

Thank you ! :D
sxelemon

Return to Multiplayer