Forum Multiplayer Two random errors.

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

Two random errors.

Postby fox1980 » May 19th, 2010, 8:29 pm

Been getting a few random errors lately that didn't happen before.

Sometimes trying to connect to the player.io services returns this error :

Player unable to connect to player.io [Error #2048: Violação da área de segurança: http://www.ageofmerlin.com/soltris/Solt ... =288629639 não pode carregar dados de 77.66.63.116:443.]

In English it means something like
[Error #2048: Security error violation: http://www.ageofmerlin.com/soltris/Solt ... =288629639 could not load data from 77.66.63.116:443.]

Another thing that has been happening lately is code inside Timers not being executed at all. The admin panel error log shows something like this:

Code: Select all
Code for event Timer ran for too long
826.8053ms. The maximum runtime is 100ms
   at System.Net.UnsafeNclNativeMethods.WinHttp.WinHttpDetectAutoProxyConfigUrl(UInt32 autoDetectFlags, SafeGlobalFree& autoConfigUrl)
   at System.Net.AutoWebProxyScriptEngine.SafeDetectAutoProxyUrl(UInt32 discoveryMethod)
   at System.Net.AutoWebProxyScriptEngine.AutoDetector.DetectScriptLocation()
   at System.Net.AutoWebProxyScriptEngine.EnsureEngineAvailable(Int32& syncStatus)
   at System.Net.AutoWebProxyScriptEngine.GetProxies(Uri destination, Boolean returnFirstOnly, AutoWebProxyState& autoWebProxyState, Int32& syncStatus)
   at System.Net.WebProxy.GetProxiesAuto(Uri destination, AutoWebProxyState& autoWebProxyState, Int32& syncStatus)
   at System.Net.ProxyScriptChain.GetNextProxy(Uri& proxy)
   at System.Net.ProxyChain.ProxyEnumerator.MoveNext()
   at System.Net.ServicePointManager.FindServicePoint(Uri address, IWebProxy proxy, ProxyChain& chain, HttpAbortDelegate& abortDelegate, Int32& abortState)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.FindServicePoint(Boolean forceFind)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.BeginGetRequestStream(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at MyGame.GameCode.b__3()

My Timer code is pretty simple, it's just subtracting a variable so i'm not sure why it's taking so long to execute. Anyway 100ms limit seems way too low.
fox1980

Re: Two random errors.

Postby fox1980 » May 20th, 2010, 2:24 am

In case this information helps, the security violation error happens even in a blank project, even if i am running in the development server (localhost). I cannot find a way to replicate it, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.
I am not doing anything special, just using PlayerIO.connect in this new project. I tried in 2 different computers, with 2 different ISP's, both machines are running windows XP with sp3 and i'm using flash builder 4.
For the c# code i'm using the unmodified TicTacToe example.
fox1980

Postby Oliver » May 21st, 2010, 11:44 am

Hey fox1980,

For the security violation -- it seems like flash can't connect to port 443 to download the xml permission document -- what's weird is that you're getting this across that many different ISPs/Computers... Would you let is debug it via skype screensharing?

The other issue is the game server making a webservice request to Player.IO which currently is timed (it shouldn't be)... That's fixed in an upcoming update. My guess is that you're either changing RoomData or the Visible property?

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby fox1980 » May 24th, 2010, 2:52 pm

Sorry for the late reply.
I've done some extensive tests this weekend and the security error seems to be gone. I haven't done any change on the server or the client code, i would like to know what caused it, but i just can't replicate it anymore. Whatever it was, it seems it only happened that specific day.

About the other error, you are right. I have another timer changing using the RoomData, glad to know it's going to be fixed.
fox1980

Return to Multiplayer