Forum Multiplayer Beta related question

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

Beta related question

Postby ptotev » May 14th, 2010, 7:57 am

Hi,

I'm new here and excuse me I this is not the proper place to ask.

The service looks great and perfect for my need what worries me is that on the pricing page it says - "While we're in Beta, billing is turned off and everybody has full access". What does this mean? What are the restrictions during the beta? What if I go over the restrictions?

Also it's not exactly related to the beta but I have another question too.

As far I understood is not allowed to have multiple games to bypass the max connection limit. This is absolutely logical. My idea is to develop several classic games like chess, backgammon, etc. May I use different games for each or it will be considered that I want to cheat the limit? My idea is that if every game(chess, backgammon etc) is different player io games will b easier to me to code but still no problem to use one player io game for all of them.

Thanks in advance.
ptotev

Re: Beta related question

Postby Oliver » May 17th, 2010, 10:28 am

I'm new here and excuse me I this is not the proper place to ask.

Yep... Welcome :-)

The service looks great and perfect for my need what worries me is that on the pricing page it says - "While we're in Beta, billing is turned off and everybody has full access". What does this mean? What are the restrictions during the beta? What if I go over the restrictions?

There are no restrictions during the beta period, so you can use as much as you want. When we enable billing, you'll have to upgrade to a package if your usage exceeds the limits of the free package.

As far I understood is not allowed to have multiple games to bypass the max connection limit. This is absolutely logical. My idea is to develop several classic games like chess, backgammon, etc. May I use different games for each or it will be considered that I want to cheat the limit? My idea is that if every game(chess, backgammon etc) is different player io games will b easier to me to code but still no problem to use one player io game for all of them.

Sure. The usage limits are not pr. game, but pr. account. You're only entitled to a single free account pr. person.

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Return to Multiplayer