Forum Multiplayer Error: Users remaining on room even after they logged out

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

Error: Users remaining on room even after they logged out

Postby fox1980 » April 29th, 2010, 3:16 pm

In my admin panel it says there's 6 online players and 2 active rooms, when i know for a fact that there isn't anyone online. It started happening a few days ago when i added a Timer to the server to automatically disconnect all players 3 minutes after the game started. It's working ok and it does indeed disconnect the clients, but for some reason in the admin panel it's like they never left. Could it be because i'm not telling the Timer to stop, so by running it undefinetly, it never shuts down the room even tough there are no more players in it ? Shouldn't your servers override this behaviour and shut everything down when the last player leaves ?
fox1980

Re: Error: Users remaining on room even after they logged out

Postby Benjaminsen » April 30th, 2010, 5:28 pm

Sounds like a bug in our system, I will investigate what's up.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby Oliver » May 7th, 2010, 3:10 pm

Hi Fox,

We've recently done a bunch of updates and bugfixes of the live servers, and as a result i'm curious if you still have this problem?

If yes, can you tell me the name of the game? Then i can schedule somebody to do some debugging on it.

Best,
Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby fox1980 » May 7th, 2010, 3:19 pm

I've had a couple of rooms stuck for several days. One day this week i logged in and they we're all gone, i guess you've done something that fixed it. In the admin panel i have these errors now tough:

Code: Select all
Code for event Timer ran for too long
826.8053ms. The maximum runtime is 100ms
   at System.Net.UnsafeNclNativeMethods.WinHttp.WinHttpDetectAutoProxyConfigUrl(UInt32 autoDetectFlags, SafeGlobalFree& autoConfigUrl)
   at System.Net.AutoWebProxyScriptEngine.SafeDetectAutoProxyUrl(UInt32 discoveryMethod)
   at System.Net.AutoWebProxyScriptEngine.AutoDetector.DetectScriptLocation()
   at System.Net.AutoWebProxyScriptEngine.EnsureEngineAvailable(Int32& syncStatus)
   at System.Net.AutoWebProxyScriptEngine.GetProxies(Uri destination, Boolean returnFirstOnly, AutoWebProxyState& autoWebProxyState, Int32& syncStatus)
   at System.Net.WebProxy.GetProxiesAuto(Uri destination, AutoWebProxyState& autoWebProxyState, Int32& syncStatus)
   at System.Net.ProxyScriptChain.GetNextProxy(Uri& proxy)
   at System.Net.ProxyChain.ProxyEnumerator.MoveNext()
   at System.Net.ServicePointManager.FindServicePoint(Uri address, IWebProxy proxy, ProxyChain& chain, HttpAbortDelegate& abortDelegate, Int32& abortState)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.FindServicePoint(Boolean forceFind)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.BeginGetRequestStream(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at MyGame.GameCode.b__3()

So i'm completely clueless as to what's happening as none of these methods are familiar to me.
So to answer you question, yes it seems to be working correctly now, no more stuck room issues, but i'm not sure what these new error messages mean or if it will impact users any other way. I'll do some more tests this weekend.
fox1980

Return to Multiplayer