Forum Multiplayer Php-connect?

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO Multiplayer API.

Php-connect?

Postby tibtob » April 24th, 2010, 3:03 pm

Hi guys,

player.io is a really great thing"! Since I would like to use it for an MMO and we all still have to wait for either SQL and/or persistent World function: Is there a way to at least connect with php-directly? would like to do cronjob-roomupdate to bridge the time.

greetz,
tib
tibtob

Re: Php-connect?

Postby tibtob » April 26th, 2010, 12:02 am

dunno, if the question was allready asked, cause noone is answering? Point is, there is no for socket connection directly and until now, connecting with as3 means connecting with another swf. Gonna try Ming.
tibtob

Postby mjdeslon » April 26th, 2010, 3:11 am

I did this...it is possible...
mjdeslon

Postby fox1980 » April 26th, 2010, 2:47 pm

mjdeslon maybe you could explain us how you did it, cause i'm also very interested. Everything i tried was blacklisted by the API.
fox1980

Postby Oliver » May 7th, 2010, 3:00 pm

Hi,

We don't currently support making web requests or socket connections from serverside code, but we'll soon launch our persistence solution which allows storage and query of data.

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby Erickk » May 16th, 2010, 12:25 pm

Oliver wrote:Hi,

We don't currently support making web requests or socket connections from serverside code, but we'll soon launch our persistence solution which allows storage and query of data.

- Oliver

When will it launch @@
I am looking forward to it.
Erickk

Postby Oliver » May 17th, 2010, 10:39 am

When will it launch

Soon.
Oliver
.IO

Postby tibtob » May 18th, 2010, 6:17 pm

hmm.. it think at least database support is (was?) THE major issue for me, and I think a lot of others also.
So guys, "soon" it has been for months now. I know you have Security-Issues, but until you have it, i go a different way:

In the between time i made my own server run. It's in Java though, but it handles my issues quite well.
so for all AS3-guys to "bridge" the time. Java is really easy to learn - AS3 is a java clone anyway.

this -> http://giantflyingsaucer.com/blog/?p=224 should give you a kickstart.

Import your game-class in Main, send it with xSocketDataHandler [ like xSocketDataHandler(yourGameInstance) ], which handles your connections/players.
xSocketDataHandler also has "onConnect"/"ondisconnect"-functions. there you use something like yourGameInstance.addPlayer(thePlayer'sConnection) and ~removePlayer.
i save Connection->Player in Hashmaps ( like dictionary in AS3 ) and it works fine that way.

MySQl is a bit tricky with Java, but not hard either ( http://dev.mysql.com/usingmysql/java/).

So this in total with "learning" Java (enough for my project ;p ) took four days.
I have Ubuntu-Server as VMware as testserver and now writing my game-routines in Java.
It's not Player.IO and I havn't tested more than 100 concurrent connections to the game,
but for me it works really fine.

Plus, it's really easy!!

Have fun coding,
tib
tibtob

Return to Multiplayer