Forum Games Using Icon/Splash Page for Unity client

Discussion relating to game development with Unity

Using Icon/Splash Page for Unity client

Postby Izzimach » January 18th, 2011, 6:18 pm

I apologize for "baptizing" the Unity forums with such a non-technical question :oops:

I tried out the Unity client example (mushrooms) and it works great. I already got it running in a web player, and noticed no Player.IO splash page similar to the one in the Flash player. I realize that this is probably since the Unity client example was added pretty recently.

I can try to add a splash page in Unity, but for the moment would it be OK to simply put a Player.IO icon on the web page with the web player? I'd like to try and use Player.IO with Unity for the TIGSource versus competition
Izzimach

Re: Using Icon/Splash Page for Unity client

Postby Benjaminsen » January 18th, 2011, 6:52 pm

We do not enforce the logo in Unity or C#, but a mention would be very much appreciated!

Also this post should be to your interest
Benjaminsen
.IO

Re: Using Icon/Splash Page for Unity client

Postby Oliver » January 19th, 2011, 9:58 am

Hey Izzimach!

As Chris mentioned, we were so busy just getting the client out the door that we didn't spend time implementing the branding/logo at startup.

Of course we would love it if you, as you mention, add a logo yourself. It's totally okay if it's just on the web page containing the web player. It would be awesome if it linked to playerio.com for SEO reasons :-)

Best,
Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Return to Games